HubSpot Ideas

Jacob02

OR operator for lead score property

Hi Community,

I think it would be of great advantage if we could define lead score sets not only with the AND operator but also with the OR operator. 

E.g.:  I want to check whether a contact has visited www.hubspot.com/pricing/ OR https://www.hubspot.com/case-studies and want to score this behaviour with 2 points. 

Right now its only possible in the following way:

scoring.png

My goal is to sum up both URLs in one set.

Besides "Contact has viewed at least one URL containing" is no solution for me because I have to score very specific URLs like www.hubspot.com/pricing/test1 and  https://www.hubspot.com/case-studies but not  www.hubspot.com/pricing/test2 for example.

Hope you get my point.

Regards,

Jacob

21 Replies
zgrayson
Participant

After taking a look at how Lead Scoring is set up through the property Hubspot Score I think it would be much more efficient to have "OR" as an option and not just "AND" to build out the scoring. This would allow to treat all assets you want assigned to a certain point value to be in that one category instead of assigning the same point value to each asset. 

For example, if I wanted all email opens for a certain campaign to be 2 points per open then I could create this with an "OR" and would be able to just add each email I wanted in this point value there.

The way it is built now you would have to create this multiple times because with "AND" it limits the scoring. Because if they only opened the first email in the campaign but not the second and you have "AND" to score the emails they would not get a score for opening the original email. 

helenasolsona
Contributor

I don't undestand why the option to add OR logics in scores is not a feature since day 1. It's very much needed. For example, I want a lead to obtain 15 points if they viewed at least 1 Decision page OR viewed at least 3 Consideration pages.

MariZanchetta
Contributor

Hubspot, please consider adding the "OR" logic into Lead Scoring. I'm trying to score points that require this option, otherwise, the contact will receive points twice for a specific attribute and that does not make sense.

PeterP
Participant

I absolutely agree! "OR" needs to be a part of this, and I don't know why it wasn't part of the first release. Please add this ASAP!

RRissinger

Upvoted. I honestly cannot understand why this functionality doesn't yet exist.

jfd118
Contributor

I agree with the comments.   The lack of OR logical reduces the utility of the lead scoring.

aljones
Contributor

Upvoted - this would solve a lot of my issues with score.

LAskan

This should be included from day one. needed!

PNavarrete
HubSpot Employee

Eu tenho um cliente que precisa dessa funcionalidade, a ferramenta deveria poder selecionar na configuracao se o visitante prencheu um formulário A, B ou C, seria muito ótimo se pudéssemos ter a mesma flexibilidade com os operadores como acontece nas listas e fluxos de trabalho.

JBurton4

Agreed that this would be helpful. Currently as a workaround I am using a dynamic list with OR criteria, then scoring based on list membership, but that feels like a somewhat inelegant solution.

LFaulkner

I am new to HubSpot (coming from Marketo) and I cannot understand for the life of me why this functionality doesn't exisit. Especially since this post is nearly 3 years old. Need an OR function to score leads based on custom fields (number of employees Picklist through SFDC) OR standard fields (number of employees string field entry). The custom field would be populated on a form but the standard field couple come through enrichment. I don't want to double score if both are present. Not having what feels like basic functionality is really frustrating. Not to mention HubSpot scoring is a pain to begin with. No way that I am aware to create two seperate scores (Fit (Alpa Score) and Engagement (Numerical Score)) then put them together in an alpha numerical score with more percision.

Emud

This feature is very much needed! 🙂 

alywheeler

I am so surpised that this isn't an option! It feels like a no-brainer to me. My lead scoring logic requires an "or" functionality to make sense, and this is an option in other logic-based functionality offered in HubSpot. Please add this feature asap!

DMahoney

"Or" functionality is needed - separate criteria blocks are only a partial work-around, for example: I have 3 forms on my website that I value highly and would grant a score of 80 (which is enough to advance my lifecyle stage). Becuase I need to create 3 separate critera blocks without using "or" logic, I can't really prevent situations of multiple scoring. So, a visitor could fill out 1,2, or all 3 of these forms thereby granting a score of 80, 160, or even 240, respectively. In this case, I would not want to score greater than 80 regardless of how many of the 3 forms they completed.

Please prioritize this, it'll be a well-used feature undoubtibly.

Finally, if I'm missing something, please let me know!

JosueMarcelino

Eu concordo com essa alteração! 

HBulder
Member | Elite Partner

Does anyone at hubspot have a focus on this?
With an OR operator, we can award points much more specifically. For example on a group of forms.
And since the change in follow up mails, we need to build a lot more forms. So that's why the Or operator has become indispensable in hubspot scoring.

MW96
Participant

+1 it would improve the scoring significantly!

AshRoy
Contributor | Partner

I would really like to see this option included too

TanyaQT
Participant

+1 voting for this idea too. Very much needed!

TGillespie

HubSpot, if you want to keep happy customers, your product team should be invested in creating features that allows us to turn more leads into qualified leads, and that means having sophisticated lead scoring with "or" capabilities. I'm extremely shocked this hasn't made it on the roadmap in three years!