HubSpot Ideas

EMSAdmin

Now that you have created folders in Workflows, etc...

So I just looked at the workflow folder feature you added – thank you. HOWEVER, it has been my pet peeve that HubSpot is not consistent across the board (lists, workflows, emails, etc.) and this is just one example.

For example:
• Lists – you can tell by looking at my list view if the list is already in a folder and where it is used
• Emails – cannot tell at all if any email is already in a folder or not, by looking at the email view 
• Files – Cannot tell at all if the file is already in a folder or not, by looking at the files view 
• Workflows - you cannot tell by looking at my workflow view if the workflow is already in a folder and where it is used

There is one thing you are consistent, in regards to folders, is when you select an email, workflow, file or list to move it, a window opens up with the available folders. However, the list of available folders is NOT in alpha order which makes it hard to find the folder you want.

HubSpotからのアップデート
October 02, 2019 11:00 AM

Absolutely agree with you there. Getting a consistent experience for all Listing pages is an important usability improvement task! Especially making sure there are search bars on all the folder features.

October 02, 2019 08:36 AM

Hi @EMSAdmin thanks for the comment! You actually helped us find a bug that is likely the cause of confusion here. It looks like you are correct in that the folders are in fact not sorted by "updated at" time but rather "created at" time which is not helpful, as you describe! I'm going to find a solution and fix this. Do you think that if the ordering was that of "last used folder at the top" it would make sense, like I describe in my previous comment?

As an FYI, there should be a search box when you're moving workflows into a folder. Please let me know if this is not what you're seeing!

The search bar should be the first thing that appears below the "Choose a folder or create a new one" labelThe search bar should be the first thing that appears below the "Choose a folder or create a new one" label

October 01, 2019 06:57 AM

Thanks for the feedback, everyone, these are really helpful details that will help us improve the feature!

@KeyWestScott About the sorting issue, I'd love to hear more about this since we have users on both sides of the fence. On the one hand I see what you mean about trying to find Boondoodggle in a list if you haven't used that folder in a while (though I would expect the search bar to help in this case). The reason we implement sorting by last used is something like the following scenario. Now I want to preface it with the fact that this is only one of many scenarios we look at, so the more use cases we hear from you guys the better!

Say that you have the same 30 or 40+ folders and you need to move a flow to a folder called Zoo. Scrolling down would be a pain but you have to do it at least once (or maybe you use the search bar and find it right away). The second time you go add a flow to Zoo it would be at the top so you'd be saving a click; this assumes you are doing many move operations where finding folders in the dropdown quickly is important.

On the flip side, if we use sorting by name, you will never get the convinience of performing that second move operation right away as you'd have to search or scroll to the bottom again.

Our reasoning was that putting the most used items at the top would allow most users to immediatley find the folder they're looking for. Since it sounds like this isn't the case, it would be great to get more detail on other use cases where sorting by name would be advantageous over sorting by last used!

September 12, 2019 09:08 AM

Right that makes sense. The design in Workflows is such that you would see the name of the folder if you were looking at that folder and its contents. The screenshot you have is of the "home" view so none of those workflows are part of a folder at all.

Here you see what all workflows that are in a folder called "Other" looks like:

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 12.05.36 PM.png

However, I agree with you in that inconsistency across the product is not ideal. I will look into this.

September 12, 2019 08:18 AM

Hi @EMSAdmin , thanks for the feedback! Regarding Workflows, could you be more specific about what you mean? Do you mean you'd like to have the folder appear somewhere in the editor page or the page with the table of all workflows?

As for the sorting, I see what you mean. We sort by most recently updated right now but can look into what's more practical for our customers!

23件のコメント
JLoomis
参加者

Dear Lord; please! Folders, subfolders, sorting A-Z, etc. This is basic stuff. So difficult to keep track of items in so many places in HubSpot. Thank you!

Msyvrais
キーアドバイザー

Still needed please!

TanyaQT
参加者

This is so simple. I just want to see which workflows are in folders and which are not, and also have an easy navigation to my folders. I can't believe this is still not availabe.