Olá! Nós temos uma Comunidade em Português!

Notify contact and/or company owner when new ticket is created, and allow auto-follow

As a contact owner, I want to stay abreast of issues my contacts or companies may be encountering so I can jump on tickets, follow them, or intervene on my customer's  behalf. 

Currently the ticket automation workflows allow for notification of a ticket owner but not the contact or company owner. 

HubSpot updates
5 Comentários
JamesCousins
Berater

Hi There qduffy,

I second this idea. I think the biggest issue is that "associated contact" or "associated company" is not a property of the ticket itself, and that as a result, the workflows feature cannot interact with it. Allowing workflows to refer to the associated contact's properties, or associated company's properties would enable your desired feature as well as a bunch of personalization in workflow generated emails too. I would love to see this feature be implemented, or to discover a workaround.

Sincerely,

James

qduffy
Sachkundiger

It would also be nice to filter the tickets board/list to "tickets I'm following" and "tickets associated with contacts/companies I'm following."

JamesCousins
Berater

Hey qduffy,

Agreed.

So it says that you've submitted the idea- I assume that upvoting your post is all I can do to push the needle?

Sincerely,

James

qduffy
Sachkundiger

To the best of my knowledge, yes. 

JamesCousins
Berater

Qduffy!!! I found a workaround and I love it!

I kept getting hung up on designing a workflow that accomplished the task of notifying the contact owner (typically on sales team) when a ticket (owned by support) is created, closed, etc.

That was before I realized I can just use two workflows! So I've tested this in my environment and it works like a charm. It is still not perfect, but a major improvement.

Step 1. Create Custom Contact Properties

You need to create a a custom contact property called "TicketTrigger" or something like that. It is a "single checkbox" type field, with either a Yes or a No. I personally prefer to create a second property called "TicketName" (type = "single line text") as well so that I can customize the notification a little bit in the end.

Step 2. Create Workflow "Notify Contact Owner of Ticket (1/2)"

Start by creating a ticket-based workflow.

Trigger: this could be ticket creation, or ticket status = closed, or whatever your business need is. 

Set Property Value: the set value operations can apply to the contacts associated with the ticket, so what you want to do here is set the contact's "TicketTrigger" value to "yes", then also set any other custom properties you've created to use the ticket token. For instance, I set the contact property value "TicketName" to use the ticket token "Ticket: Ticket name".

That ends this first part of the automation. It leaves the contact with a TicketTrigger status of "yes" and any other custom properties you've built.

Step 3. Create Workflow "Notify Contact Owner of Ticket (2/2)"

Now you can create a contact-based workflow

Trigger: Contact's "TicketTrigger" is any of "Yes". This means only the contacts modified by your ticket workflow will ever enter into this workflow.

Create Task: I created a task because it allowed me to "assign task to 'Contact's existing Contact Owner'".  I would have preferred to send a notification, but those can't be send to dynamic recipients- only hard-coded recipients or teams.

My task title was "Ticket Closed for Contact First Name Contact Last Name!", and

my "Notes" were "Support just closed the ticket Contact TicketName for your account. Check it out if you're curious"

The final step for this workflow is to set the custom properties back to default (AFTER you create the task). That means setting the TicketTrigger property to "No", clearing the "TicketName" and "TicketID" or whatever other tokens you populated.

Step 4. Enable Workflows

(obviously). I'm not sure if this overall process fits your exact needs, but I am very happy to have discovered this. I'm thinking our sales team is going to be much more aware of their account's activities with support now.