HubSpot Ideas

xavierparduyns

Notify Task Creator when Task is Completed

I think it could be great if the creator of the task will be notified  when the task is finished or is waiting... 

And have a discussion on the task 

86 Replies
SB-FP

Strongly agree with this. Tagging each other when a task is completed is quite manual. An automated process where completed tasks send notifications to the person creating the tasks would be a huge help.

linnea
Participant

Hoping this can be resurfaced!! 

JCheng6

what's the point of creating a task and assign to someone, when you don't get notify when its done? 

CatCheng

good idea !! 

Ginayoyo
Participant

This would be fantastic! 

CatCheng
exactement
denisleskovets

Signed into just to +1 this idea. Please hubspot!

I can't tell you how much this will help our business!

Jacob9
Participant

This would definitely make a difference! Anyone who has located any alternatives?

Jena
Participant
We work around this huge design flaw by assigning the tasks back and forth then commenting "done" and tagging the people who assigned the task originally. It's a mess and a waste of time but it works.
Shiran
Participant | Diamond Partner

This is definitely a feature the system needs. When you assign a task, it would be great to see it's ticked off, there's no time to check in most days.

Jacob9
Participant

@sjudson @achia Any progress on this one? 😄 

KThomas8
Participant

This is essential for us! Any movement on this request?

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1

janeth
Participant

Any updates on this???   Looks like last comment from HubSpot was 2020??

KHenson

I agree! I must filter through tasks and read every task history when checking for completed work/next steps. In addition to the task owner being notified, it would be great if a subtask/secondary task could be applied. For example, another user will get a second task once the first task is complete. 

brendan-murphy
Participant

Holy cow... this is honesly still an open request for 5+ years!? I was just about to submit this request and found this thread. I've only been in Hubspot for a few months, but thought I was missing some obvious functionality until I realized this actually wasn't possible. The inability to assign tasks and notify the original creator is a major miss. What's being done about this?

MHarrison8

This is a function that needs to be added. This is leading to delays in deals for us because someone might not realize a task is completed and does not move the deal along. We really need the task owner to be notified when ever a task they assigned is completed. It would speed up our process.

GMoore

Please implement this... it is a basic feature in any other task solution and would be extremely helpful to ensure things are getting done without having to check over and over again.

KScott15

My company uses the Task function in HubSpot as the official tool to create and assign tasks to other individuals within the organization. One very important part of this will be receiving a notification when a task a person creates for another team member is completed.