HubSpot Ideas

xavierparduyns

Notify Task Creator when Task is Completed

I think it could be great if the creator of the task will be notified  when the task is finished or is waiting... 

And have a discussion on the task 

86 Kommentare
adamdenton
Mitglied

We need this.

Please make it happen.

David-cole
Mitglied

How is this simple feature not already implemented??

sportivebreaks
Mitglied

Totally agree.

We are implementing Tickets as part of the Service module and need to get an update when a task is completed rather than having to manually check every ticket.

Email notification to creator / owner would be great and a clearer notification on the ticket showing the status of associated tasks

SkeeStylus
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Partner

TOTALLY agree.  I think managers that assign a task to a user should be notified not only when a task is completed or remains open past the due date or the task has been updated (ie: due date extended.)  

Jena
Teilnehmer/-in

It's kinda absurb its been 3 yrs since this request was posted - come on hubspot, you're better then this. 

Status aktualisiert zu: Not Currently Planned
sjudson
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi HubSpot Community,

Thanks for the suggestion here. While notifying task creators when a task is completed a great idea, it's not currently on our roadmap for the next couple of quarters. For that reason, I am switching the status of this idea to Not Currently Planned

We'll re-evaluate this idea in the coming quarters and update the status accordingly if anything changes. 

Thank you,

Scott

txpcapital
Mitglied

I guess since people have been asking for this feature for over 3 years a couple of more quarters won't be the end of the world.  Hubspot will continue to be great at being mediocre. 

Jena
Teilnehmer/-in

Scott - that is hugely disappointing, it's fine if HS is a "sales only" tool but being notified when a task is finished is absolutely necessary for managing Custumer Support / Dev tickets. 

SkeeStylus
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Partner

You see what they did there?  They took the task we created for them and I guess we'll have to check back periodically on the status.  The irony.  

andyrobertson1
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I managed to create workarounds through Workflows that will notify people when tasks are completed, the only drawback is there are three types of tasks:

1. Deal Tasks
  2. Company Tasks
  3. Contact Tasks

You can send emails updates when a task is completed for company and deal tasks, but contact tasks can only notify via SMS for some unknown reason.

Anyhoo, it seems to be working for us so far!

MikeyLo
Mitglied

Great idea! This would be super helpful

llmedia
Mitglied

Wow, this is amazing.

teloss79
Mitglied

with so many straight forward logic items not possible  i honestly am starting to regret signing onto hubspot, this should not even be a request this is just simply part and parcel of what should happen

pandc_marketing
Mitglied

It would be extremely helpful for our team to receive notifications once the task is marked complete. Otherwise, the purpose for tasks doesn't serve us well from a higher level. Would be great if HubSpot would consider adding this to their list before the year is up. Otherwise, I don't see the full benefit of tasks verses notes. How do we request that this change be looked at? 

Hannanli
Mitglied

This is something that would be beneficial for my team to use as well. Our Customer Service team will create a task for a sales team member to follow up with a potential customer. Our Customer Service team needs to have the visibility to see/ be notified when the task has been completed so CS knows the sales team has reached out to the potential customer. 

JimHarris
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This is so critical I can't believe it isn't in the base functionality and not seen as something worth implementing at this present time.

It is so core to our process that if I create a task for a co-worker, I would of course need to know when it is completed. 

Please reconsider this. 

DBCSC
Mitglied

This would be super helpful for our team here as well. I would love for this feature to be added as it is extremely needed in the service console and for tickets.

aknapoli
Mitglied

We really would love to have this feature implemented. My team asks about this feature every time HubSpot implements a new beta or makes a change.

UrbanPoint
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Yes, this feature would be a HUGE help for our company. We'll use hundreds of times a day as a way to better communicate without having to inform each of us when something is completed. I believe is not a difficult implementation as you already got the contact of the person that created the task and the contact of the person that is assigned to the task. As you can set up a reminder for the tasker (the person assigned), the Hubspot DEV team can simply link another tick button to remind the taskee (the person that created the task) to be reminded/ notified/ informed when the task was completed. Is quite a basic function really and I don't get it why it hasn't been added.

JakeW
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

We could use this too