HubSpot Ideas

Bilisevic

Notifications about mentions in comments

Hi guys, when someone mentions me in a comment and I get the email notification, clicking on the notification doesn't take me to the comment but to Company or Contact where the comment was made. It makes it hard for me to find a comment if there is a lot of activities. Maybe you could make it so that when I click on the"View in HubSpot" button in the email notification it takes me directly to the comment.

10件のコメント
lovertosa
参加者

Totally agree with this.  We have a lot of confusion trying to find where we are being called out by other team members.

I would also add that any time you are mentioned, the comments should appear in full in the email notification that is sent.

lita
参加者

Agree with everything mentioned on this topic

aparry
HubSpot Employee

I agree as well. The View in HubSpot button on the email notification should take you directly to the comment on the record.

skitch.png

ggobin
メンバー

I also think it would be great if it mentioned what Company or contact the comment is connected to in the Title, instead of "(User) mentioned you in a comment",  maybe it could say "User mentioned you in a comment for (Company Name). That would be really helpful in getting all the information I need in that email notification. Right now I actually have to view in hubspot to see what company the comment is actually being made for. 

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team, 

Just wanted to comment here for a customer.

Aside from the suggestion above where opening a "mention" from email should bring us exactly to the location of the "mention", I would also recommend allowing a view where a user can see all his/her past mentions. We can set this to have a date range; perhaps last 90 days.

Currently, the only way for a user to find the task/note they are mentioned on would be to look through their email notifications which is not effective at all. Thanks!

dhebert
参加者

Agree - also agree with this from ggobin: 

"I also think it would be great if it mentioned what Company or contact the comment is connected to in the Title, instead of "(User) mentioned you in a comment",  maybe it could say "User mentioned you in a comment for (Company Name). That would be really helpful in getting all the information I need in that email notification. Right now I actually have to view in hubspot to see what company the comment is actually being made for."

That's actually the biggest issue for us. 

KRobles
参加者

Agreed. The mention is too generic. Having more details (e.g. company, deal mentioned, etc) would be helpful in the email. 

colucci
参加者

All, there's another thread about this but I can't find it right now.   In short, Hubspot needs to redesign the Notes and Mention workflow.  It's terrible.

To address the original post:

When creating a Note where you mention someone, we always remove the association with the Company and leave only the Deal or Ticket association.  The associations are in the lower right of the Note window that pops up.  There is no real reason to associate a Note with a Company.  Hubspot should default to only linking the Deal or Ticket.

Anyway, after that Notes and Mentions are next to useless.  If someone replies to a Note in Hubspot, the email notification lists NO INFORMATION.  No info about the Deal or Ticket in the subject nor the body.  At least if you've followed the association step above when you select "view mention" it takes you to the Deal or Ticket rather than the Company.  But you're forced into Hubspot just to find out basic information.

I had a long support discussion with Jim (ticket#9671069) and the result  was to learn that this is exactly how it's designed. 

"It turns out that the behavior that you're seeing is how the tool is designed. I realize that this is not likely to come as welcome news, and I definitely hear what you're saying regarding the usability of mentions, but at this time, there is nothing about this that we can change, unfortunately."

NicoleJ
HubSpot進行役

+1. It's not intuitive to know to remove any contact or company association, so it would be nice to associate the note to only the object it's created from (such as a ticket)

SMakwana
参加者

Totally Agree, Same issue is there when someone mentions me in a task's comment. Notification takes me to task but there's no comment section. So then I have to go to Company/Contact and then find task and then find comment. THIS IS A MUST feature.