HubSpot Ideas

markstruczewski

Notification needed when a meeting is cancelled

I am new to Sales Starter (came over from Calendly when I upgraded my HubSpot account) and I am shocked that when I did a test  by creating a Meeting and then, after the person accepted the Google Calendar invite, cancelled it...and the person did not receive a notification that the meeting was cancelled. This seems so basic. Why is this not a feature already? With Calendly, both I and the attendee would receive a cancellation notification (along with the reason if I added one). This needs to be added.

11 Replies
rachelhering

Agreed!!

CWBostwick

Agree - if a meeting is cancelled by either party, a cancellation email needs to be sent out to all parties involved.

Franckigames

Here in 2021, it would still be great to have that!

I just want to push this issue because you can't get around this problem with a workflow. Every now and then you look at your calendar and if the appointment has "disappeared" you have no idea if the person has rescheduled or cancelled the appointment altogether. From a sales perspective, you could lose such a client in this process. 

JJaffer

hubspot recently started adding a cancel/reschedule link attached to the meeting. but if the client uses that link it just disappears off the calendar or just shows a decline on the calendar. so you show up to a client meeting and they're not there. and you email them to ask why they aren't there and they share that they canceled the meeting through the link they were provided. so embarrasing. please hubspot, set up a notify when a meeting is canceled or rescheduled. thanks for this new tool but it needs to be complete. 

JBell0
Participant

Still a problem in 2022. We desperately need to know when meetings are moved! 

Gary_Wright
Participant | Diamond Partner

Agreed. This should be on the contact record too.

HanyD

September 2022 - this feature would help our sales reps tremendously!

Ellesyanna
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Very much needed and weird this isn't covered. Also pleaaase enable re-enrollment settings for workflows for meeting details, so also custom rules can be set up based on what meeting outcome is set.

JAdams9

This feature is definitely needed - disappearing from the calendar is not enough!

NPW
Contributor

Currently, if a meeting is cancelled or rescheduled, the time slot does not become available.

In other words, you cannot book a meeting in a time slot that was previously allocated.

Also, when a meeting is cancelled from within HubSpot, it does not reflect in Outlook/Gmail & still appears as an upcoming meeting in HS. Therefore the customer will think that the meeting is still 'active'...

Would be great if an update could be made to fix these issues, thank you.

Please click here to upvote this issue: Free up Availability for Cancelled or Rescheduled Meetings