HubSpot Ideas

lindsayroseryan

Notes or Annotations on Reports

Google Analytics has a feature called annotations which allow you to mark a specific date in your reports as the date when a particular change was made. This feature does not exist in HubSpot.

Example Use Case: Today I excluded our internal IP address and enabled Bot Filtering on our web traffic reports. Tomorrow and beyond, unless I wrote it down on a sticky note, I will have no way of knowing from the report when or what changed.

16 Commentaires
Leena
Membre

I was just about to suggest the same idea! It's cumbersome to manage what affects the numbers in the report separately, and since the reports are viewed by different stakeholders, will be great if we can add annotations or have some kind of feature in hubspot to track strategies or setting changes.

Statut mis à jour : Not Currently Planned
dmastin
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

davidoff2drew
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

Yes, I need this. My CEO and many clients love to tinker with reports which makes it impossible to track when changes happened, what they were, or why. I'd also like to be able to clarify things in the report or why it was built a certain way. Having a "details" feature similar to what you can do with Dashboards now.

alex_flitton
Participant

I wish I could do this on nearly a daily basis. And if I could look up previous notes in an easy way, that would be even better!

For example, I would really like to document when we make changes to lead scoring, when a major website update was made, and even when we update specfic pages. It would make correlating performance data easier. 

This might be a stretch, but I would even like to categorize my notes, or even color code them based on the changes or note that it is.

blamine81
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Lamine here from Connectin.agency

What you can do is adding a report from the report library that is called "Notes and comments text box", you can put all the information needed about the report including the change date and some note to help the users not only to understand the report but how they can use is to get insights and links to training material to get better.

change.JPG

jmorana
Membre

I would love to be able to explain what each report means if it is a custom built report. This would be incredible for C-level suite reporting.

TextioJohn
Participant

I wish every day that this feature existed. For email reports, landing page reports, form reports... not just under reports/dashboards, but on the performance tabs for all of these items. Without it, any time I want to make a meaningful update to an email we use in automation, I've ended up cloning it and swapping out workflow steps with the new email to have clean performance metrics to compare across emails. I'd much rather just be able to annotate when changes occurred and adjust my filters accordingly. For landing pages and forms, there is no workaround.

Statut mis à jour : Being Reviewed
dmastin

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
dmastin

@lindsayroseryan , @TextioJohn , @jmorana , @alex_flitton@davidoff2drew pretty exciting update: Last week, HubSpot deployed the ability for you to not only add comments to dashboards, but you can now also add image files and videos to dashboards, too! 

Go to any dashboard. There, you'll see an Actions dropdown, where you can select to add images, text, or video:

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 5.24.28 PM.png

Check out this video from Sprocket Talk for some ideas.

davidoff2drew
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

I don't think this was actually delivered. I think we're looking to be able to leave reports on reports. The functionality that was added is definitely a step in the right direction, but not exactly what I think was meant. Databox's annotations is what I know I'm really looking for and I wouldn't be surprised if others agreed.

rlevans
Participant

This would be a huge help on Dashboards as well. Being able to add annotations on the report for major PR events, launches, etc to add context to the traffic spikes we see. 

Ferideses
Membre

I use https://www.gaannotations.com/ to keep my marketing notes, works with GA4, and are always on the chrome extension

SSahai2

Hello

My name is Shanker Sahai, I am the product manager for the report management here at HubSpot. I am doing some research to learn how customers work together when building and editing reports and dashboards in HubSpot. 

I would love to get your responses in this short survey

Thank you

Shanker

AFletcher
Participant

@SSahai2 your survey is open for seeing responses so you may want to close it so it's private. 

Upvoting this idea! Need to have the ability to annotate or mark up a report

CMedrano
Participant

Upvoting! I understand that we can add a text box beside the report, but that's not a responsive or dynamic solution. The best way to annotate reports would be to copy Google Analytics. Maybe add a layer on a report that allows you to leave like a little comment bubble that shows the full comment upon hover. 

SarahMayo-CSC
Participant

Agree with the latest comments here, it's a bummer this idea shows as delivered when there's still missing functionality