HubSpot Ideas

Ernst_SA

Not using some Products in a Quote should not erase those Products from the Deal

When you have products assigned to a deal and you create a quote with only a number of those products selected, the remaining products disappear from that deal.  

What does this mean for the user?

- Loss of custom product history (from first quotes on a deal)

- Loss of deal value

- Negative impact on forecasts and reporting

- Multiple sources of information related to a single customer, as the user needs to create new deals for every new product they wish to sell via a quote. 

- Loss of system efficiency because of above.

3 Kommentare
richardwalsh
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

I experience this a lot as sometimes we create multiple quotes for a client depending on the deal. 

I get the reasoning behind removing a product if it's not on the quote, but if you're doing multiple quotes for different options it would be create if all products, the info that you put into those products (as sometimes we change the product descriptions depending on the option) would all roll into the products listed on the deal. 

benesch_e
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I agree that is is very frustrating that products are deleted from the line item/products list if they are removed from a quote. Some times additional quotes are needs for extra or optional products related to the same deal which require deleting products and then readding them so the deal Line Item list reflects the whole deal not just the last quote.

An idea I think would fix this issue is to have a check box to select which products get included in the quote, similar to how you can choose to include or not include a contact on a quote. This way the Line Item list is not affected by needing to "delete" a product for a quote.

Just an idea

@ethankopit 

TMann09
Mitglied

This is a big problem for us as we are trying to push updates from  Hubspot into our finance software.

We often need to create more than one quote for each deal to be able to send out agreements and when we are forced to delete the previous products from a quote, it will make it so that the integration will not be truthful to what we are actually selling.

We need to be able to have all of the line items stay in tact on the deal and be able to create more than one quote per deal

Our other solution is having to create 3-4 deals (for 1 deal) in order to make 1 set of agreements 
It will become very time consuming to be creating multiple deals as we will have to fill in all of the information for each one individually

- This will also mess with the automations we have set up for other teams to take action once a deal has successfully closed