HubSpot Ideas

hannas

Not overwritting properties when importing contacts

When I import new contacts in Hubspot, I would like the old properties not to be overwritten by new one.

5 Replies
mkarsten
Top Contributor

Having the option to not overwrite the existing contact properties would be very useful, and we're surprised it isn't already an option. We wouldn't use it every import, but there are instances when it's needed.

Quinten_
Participant | Partner

I hope this gets added soon. It could save me so much time!

jeffvincent
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! I'm Jeff, from the HubSpot CRM product team. We just released a new beta for import we're calling "Skip if known" (exact name of feature TBD by smarter people). This new option makes it possible to prevent overwrites from your imports if the property value on a specific record is already set.

For example, if the name property on a Contact record is set as "Jeff Vincent", and the name column in the import with the corresponding email is "Jerf Bincent", checking this box means the HubSpot value won't be overwritten.

For customers updating the data in their CRM through imports AND the UI, we hope this update helps you maintain more control over your data!

To get access while in beta, ask your HubSpot contact to add the "Skip if known" beta to your portal. We'll be going live to all soon.

CSalvador9

Hi Jeff, where can we fin the "Skip if known" option?

Thanks!

Quinten_
Participant | Partner

You can see that while choosing the collumns to link to properties when importing @CSalvador9  .