HubSpot Ideas

edX

No Option to Restore Workflow Revision History

I have noticed that we can look into workflow revision history but we do not have the option to restore that previous revision history. I would really like to be able to restore based off revision history, we can currently do this for landing pages. What is the point of having revision history if there isn't an option to restore it? 

I also noticed that if you remove an action at the top of the workflow all following actions and steps are instantly deleted without a warning sign. This is extremly dangerous espically since we cannot restore workflows based on revision history. We just had a very long workflow with an action at the very beggining that needed to be removed. We needed to remove this action and our understanding was that it would just go to the next step in the flow or at least give a warning sign that steps are about to be deleted if you remove this action, but it did not. Now the entire workflow is deleted and we have no way to restore it ourselves.  

I wanted to flag this becasue this is potentially very dangerous to user who are updating workflows. 

46 Comentários
AElz
Membro

Same issue here - I'm a bit surprised there is no option to do this

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hey team,

This is an important tool!

Would be great if we can set this up , thank you!

Averyg
HubSpot Employee

Hi Team,

I agree that this feature could be really useful. Since workflows often contain many actions, this would help in restoring previous versions. 

Thank you!

MoAhmed
Colaborador(a)

This is a really strange one - there's no "Undo" option or means to restore a historical branch.

I've somehow deleted a branch by editing another option and now I need to rebuild the entire thing, despite the history being there. I can't copy a branch, I can't export the revision and import.

This makes no sense?

ChandlerW
Participante

Just got wrecked by this in a nearly 100 step workflow. Really need a way to restore from a workflow's revision history.

ashjax
Membro

Yeah this is a critical feature, it's very easy to accidentally delete something on a live workflow. The wording on the modal isn't always clear what will be affected by a modification and there's no way to go back.

jwiedenheft
Colaborador(a)

Just rebuilt a workflow because of this! Wish this was present!

aydanz
Membro

@jwiedenheft 

Did you contact hubspot support and ask if they can restore it?

jwiedenheft
Colaborador(a)

@aydanz No, I did not. I did talk with my Customer Success Manager about it while on our monthly call.

CDesfretiere
Membro

Also really surprised this undo or restore option is not available! Thiw is really needed! 

Babis_Mate
Colaborador(a)

That's a super usefull feature. Other platforms have it, I strongly believe that HS should have it too

LFlow
Participante

This would have been really handy and saved me a good amount of time today. It was good at least to see the old version but it's be gold if you could just restore it.

lxfoley
Membro

This and the undo button for workflows are a much needed system feature!

ARadewahn
Membro

piping in here! I need this too.

BBeam
Participante

Just deleted something really important even though I know I selected "Keep" but alas, it's all gone now and it's going to take me days to redo it all. 😬

DLloyd1
Membro

I am also unsure why you can edit a live workflow - seems dangerous to me. If there is no restore feature - there should at least be a version feature where you can work on the next version in peace, then when ready go live.

Also WHY NO WARNING! I should have to type in DELETE when working on a publised flow with customers in it.  Just dangerous.

AWebb3
Membro

Agree, this needs to be added. Just had an unknowing member delete a workflow that took 4 hrs to create!
Really needs this feature

PriyalDeZoysa
Membro

There is no point just saying Version Management in the marketing materials, and finding in reality it is not implemented for everyday use.

KRobertsson
Membro

Yes please!! I just deleted a complete branch by mistake and it is GONE...

nyce_ben
Membro

Please create backup function!