HubSpot Ideas

edX

No Option to Restore Workflow Revision History

I have noticed that we can look into workflow revision history but we do not have the option to restore that previous revision history. I would really like to be able to restore based off revision history, we can currently do this for landing pages. What is the point of having revision history if there isn't an option to restore it? 

I also noticed that if you remove an action at the top of the workflow all following actions and steps are instantly deleted without a warning sign. This is extremly dangerous espically since we cannot restore workflows based on revision history. We just had a very long workflow with an action at the very beggining that needed to be removed. We needed to remove this action and our understanding was that it would just go to the next step in the flow or at least give a warning sign that steps are about to be deleted if you remove this action, but it did not. Now the entire workflow is deleted and we have no way to restore it ourselves.  

I wanted to flag this becasue this is potentially very dangerous to user who are updating workflows. 

49 Replies
jdalin

Please add this feature !

VeroniqueMalan
Contributor

This is indeed a painful experience, and all the more frustrating when we can view the historical versions. Thank you Hubspot team for looking after this! 

DHill5
Participant

Two years and no action? This a massive product omission that definitely should have been implemented at launch.

AnnemarieTN
Participant | Partner

This has been open for over two years now. Fix it! I didn't even make changes to an if/then branche and POOF like its f*cking magic, my next 25 steps are gone. This is absurd and should be fixed NOW! The answer of the helpdesk "You would have then to add again the action." I have allreday build it and can shee it. Just but the button 'undo' or 'put it back.

This isn't friendly at all! FIX IT!!!

SMorgan72

This needs to be implemented ASAP.

It's very easy to make a critical mistake and wipe out an entire path. A key feature of having version history is being able to restore it.

- Comment coming after making an edit to the top level of a workflow and removing the wrong branch resulting in a 300+ step worflow being deleted and finding out an undo option or restore option doesn't exist, I'm in shock.

DAExpert

UP 😞

EMonley

Agreed. This needs to happen.

EParzek
Contributor

We all make mistakes. I just made mine. I'm horrified that there is no way to undo a change in a workflow without rebuilding it - there is literally no reason why Hubspot shouldn't have this ability!!!

mstar71

If this doesn't change, like really, really fast, there will be an angry mob at the gate. The **bleep** Are You Thinking Award goes here for now.

JacquelineOng
HubSpot Employee

Hey all, if there's a previous workflow version you'd like to restore, you can reach out to HubSpot Support who can file an internal request to do so from our backend.

*Please note that this recreates a new workflow that contains all of the actions, enrollment criteria, etc. of the original workflow, but because this is a whole new separate workflow --> no previous enrollment data will be copied from the original flow, and we cannot move the existing data in your workflow over to the new recreated workflow.

BBeam
Participant
I asked if my previously deleted workflow could be restored on the back end and was told No. Maybe not all employees know this? Definitely would have come in handy
AMeredith6

It is way too easy to mess these up. I was so happy when I saw the revision history - and then  equally disappointed when I found out it was useless!

Mike-EBA

Yeah, this is a terrible feature gap. I get that there is almost certainly some surprising technical complexity here (what to do with contacts mid-workflow, for example) - but a limited "Revert" functionality (that, for example, would just remove everyone mid-flow) would seem to be fairly straight-forward. It's FAR too easy with branching flows to wipe out huge amounts of actions, then have to spend hours: a) remembering what they were, and b) re-creating them.

AndrewSober
Member | Diamond Partner

HubSpot how do we not have any tools to undo or restore edits to a Workflow? Every other tool has great functionality for saving, publishing, undoing/redoing, and viewing/reverting previous versions but for some reason Workflows have none of that? Like everyone else here, I found that out the hard way with inadvertently deleting part of an extensive Workflow and having to put in a lot of work to rebuild it from the ground up. Just take the functionality you already have in other tools and apply it to Workflows. Thanks. 

TAittola

I just used an hour building a very detailed workflow and now it's gone because I removed one middle step without paying attention...

camisouzagt

É bastante decepcionante que nós usuários fiquemos dois anos na espera de uma funcionalidade tão importante. Precisei desse backup que todos estão pedindo porque 50 ações de um fluxo importante foram excluídas acidentalmente e infelizmente a única resposta que tive foi que eu tinha que fazer tudo de novo. Isso é muito frustrante e ocupa uma carga de retrabalho imensa. Além de não ter um aviso de que ao apertar aquele botão todo fluxo será excluído pra você reconsiderar, não tem como desfazer ou pegar um backup da revisão anterior.

Olhar para a revisão cheia das ações que existiam no fluxo e não poder restaurá-las é muito absurdo. Por favor, consertem isso o mais rápido possível.

economize
Participant

Please allow an option to restore a old revision

rachel79
Participant

Same as all of the above, I made a simple edit and the entirety of the workflow was deleted with no way to restore.  Please add this simple feature.

MBroadhurst
Member | Elite Partner

HubSpot, this is crazy! I just made a small adjustment to a branch that resulted in the accidental loss of 31 actions with the click of a button. No way to undo the whole thing? Come on, let's get this updated. It's crazy. I can even see the whole workflow as it was in the version history. Where is the restore option?

ZHogbin

Also having the same problem - I have submitted a support ticket to the internal team to revise.