No Location on activity feed

I am writing to complain about your new policy (effective in early August 2019) of not showing location with the email opens.

I rely on that info to let me know if someone is out of town, or if the email has been forwarded to another person in another location.

Can you reconsider this? It's really a big disappointment!

HubSpot updates
136 Replies
heathcliff
Occasional Contributor

@oldskoul   RE ALTERNATE OPTIONS:  Frankly, so far I am disappointed at alternate options.  Mixmax is only for gmail, so it's not useful for me on my business email. Outreach is a fortune, because it offers more than simply email tracking, which is all I need. Banatag works pretty well actually at tracking and locating, but you have to pay separately for each email, and since I have three, at least, it puts me at $30, based on the annual fee.  Month by month would be $36 per month, which I don't really want to pay.  I don't know other options.

Marina-DAT
New Contributor

I can only agree here! It also lists opened emails that you have opened yourself. The location of the email helped to determine whether it was really the recipient who opened the email.

tylerkelley
Occasional Contributor

92 replies and 25 upvotes?

Please click the thumbs up to keep this on their radar.

This tool is completely useless now.

Doug1
New Contributor

I found SalesHandy for tracking location.

heathcliff
Occasional Contributor

@Doug1   I signed on to a trial of SalesHandy.  The U.S. ones either say it's a GMAIL CLIENT so no info, or just say UNITED STATES.  So that is of limited value. The Canadian one just said YAHOO CLIENT.  So it does not provide useful location tracking.

DaveCata
Occasional Contributor

Updated on my iOS and Android app too.  The feature is now utterly useless.

Can't tell who is opening what now.  Very poor solution Hubspot, done with complete haste.

Fix it or we're gone too.

Agent314
New Contributor

Crickets at the moment...  

DaveCata
Occasional Contributor

Ok we're switched over the Streak and it gives us our must needed prospect location data so we know which office is opening our correspondence -- at least the city location of where the email has been opened which is brilliant. Best of all ITS ALL FREE

https://www.streak.com/for/email-tracking-in-gmail

heathcliff
Occasional Contributor

@DaveCata but streak only tracks Gmail.  But most people like me have business emails that need tracking. 😟

DaveCata
Occasional Contributor

@heathcliff  ah I got you. Sorry we're GSuite users across our business