No Location on activity feed

I am writing to complain about your new policy (effective in early August 2019) of not showing location with the email opens.

I rely on that info to let me know if someone is out of town, or if the email has been forwarded to another person in another location.

Can you reconsider this? It's really a big disappointment!

HubSpot updates
132 Replies
oldskoul
Occasional Contributor

My location info is still working 8/5. Thus i have not cancelled HS .. 

Doug1
New Contributor

@Agent314  Along the lines of "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".  All in Jest I can assure you.  

MarkFnkl
New Contributor

My subscription does not end until August 11, but I have already submitted my cancellation notice, and explained that it was because of the termination of location information. I can always re-subscribe if the decision is reversed, but I see no indication that that will happen.

Agent314
New Contributor

@Doug1 Yeah, I sort of thought that but I agree with your sentiment. Big tech has gotten just a bit arrogant. Not that HS qualifies as Big Tech, but... (sigh).

oldskoul
Occasional Contributor

@Agent314. LOL agreed.  All the little head tech wants to be their own Mark Zuck governing (what they think is) better policy,  in their 'own heads'.   

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Wanted to share a quick update. We continue to investigate solutions for multiple recipient tracking -- including a better way to mitigate self-open notifications. Any solution we implement, however, is unlikely to use IP address -- so exploring the right way to handle it will take us some time. 

In the meantime, we are moving forward with the removal of location data from the activity feed tomorrow to respect recipient privacy. We will continue to update this thread as we make progress.

-Matt

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: Not Currently Planned

Doug1
New Contributor

Wonder which Manager will take the hit when revenue drops?

Agent314
New Contributor

Very disappointing on all fronts and not very professional. Highly diminished product and no encouragement whatsoever. I think they've written us off and don't care. Sad day... (sigh)

BTW... It will be interesting to see if they leave this thread up!

JTTaylor
New Contributor

Yes, I now have to figure out how to export my CRM in a format I can insert into another database ...meh. I am canceling before next billing period. Agree that this was pretty poorly handled.