Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

No Location on activity feed

I am writing to complain about your new policy (effective in early August 2019) of not showing location with the email opens.

I rely on that info to let me know if someone is out of town, or if the email has been forwarded to another person in another location.

Can you reconsider this? It's really a big disappointment!

HubSpot updates
136 Comentarios
VirginiaBee
Colaborador habitual

HubSpot is removing the IP address of the person opening the email from the Activity Feed, stating that, "the location data attached to that tracking did not add enough value to either the user or the end-customer-experience."

I'm not sure what users provided feedback that this is not valuable but I can't disagree more.

This is one invaluable component that I use all the time. With this removed we will not be able to tell who opened the email in so many instances. In my Activity it often states that "Someone" opened the email (more often than not). So, the only way I can tell if it was a prospect, client, co-worker or myself is by looking at the location.

Doug1
Nuevo colaborador

The location data is very helpful when trying the determine whether a contact is a fraud *(i.e. from Nigeria, etc.)  Please leve this functionality.

I'm quite surprised you would even think about taking it away??  

stiebens61
Colaborador ocasional

I also agree that removing the location information is a HUGE MISTAKE.  For example, if a colleague opens an email I sent to a prospect, it considers that an "Open". I don't care about that. But when it says for instance, Indianapolis, IN, I know it is my colleague when my prospect is for instance located in Illinois.

This one of the best features of HubSpot and a differentiator.  Again, what a HUGE mistake.

VirginiaBee
Colaborador habitual

Exactly what I say. Unbelievable that this is going away.

stiebens61
Colaborador ocasional

VirginiaBee, in addition, even if the prospect/customer name appears, sometimes it is me re-opening my email for reference or a colleague opening for reference.

However, I know where my client/prospect is located and if it is their location, I know they opended it.  Otherwise, if my location or my colleague's location is shown, I know it was not a true "open" by the client.

VirginiaBee
Colaborador habitual

Agreed.

stiebens61
Colaborador ocasional

Plus, I can tell when the prospect/client opens it AND forwards it on to another location.  So valuable.

KarieB
Nuevo colaborador

I absolutely agree - we use this information all the time.

When mutiple people are copied on an email we can tell which location opened it for review.  When an email was sent to only one person we can tell if it was forwarded to another person or location.  Many of our customers have multiple facilities.  With the location information we are able to determine if the customer (prospect) opened the email or if our field sales rep who was copied opened it. 

Please do not remove it.  We find this informaiton to be vital to our follow up process.

VirginiaBee
Colaborador habitual

Great point regarding the forward. I agree.

red75116
Colaborador ocasional

I agree that it is unfortunate to remove this information.  The location information appears on the same line as the date and time and it offers ZERO value to remove this.

Please leave it where it is.  Its great to know if users open emails in the office or from home, traveling, etc.  Also, when you CC someone you can usually tell from the location who opened the email.

In this example below, without the location, I would have thought the customer opened this email when it was me?  Hubspot will lose some value with this change.

Annotation 2019-07-24 161501.png