HubSpot Ideas

Yunhui

New feature: Bulk Merge for Duplicates

Yas, we've got the feature of manage duplicates that's great. One thought is there's no way to bulk merge of contact and company duplicates, and you'll need to go through one by one manually. 

I'm wondering if there's a better way for us instead of deduplicating one by one, which is literally unrealistic for enterprise users with mass contacts. In our case, we have 1890 duplicates for contacts, which requires going through 1890 times of deduplicates.

New feature request: Bulk Merge 

167 Comentários
ALevine
Membro

this needs to happen now

DLentjes
Participante

Please implement! Would be great for enterprises which have 1000´s of duplicates. 

PatrikRosen
Membro

We "just" have 700 duplicates , but I cant sit merge them one by one (obviously...) and at the same time we need to decrease our contact numbers to not  get hit by a pretty substantial cost. 

Hagland
Participante

@ianleaman It's been a couple years since your last message saying you moved it to planning, any updates for us?

TZinke
Membro

@ianleaman Any updates on adding Bulk Merge as a feature. Would be fantastic!

stephanderson
Participante

Upvote! In our implementation of hubspot we are bringing together 3 separate crms and have more than 1000k duplicate contacts alone, it would be amazing to have a bulk merge tool. 

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

We would love this feature! 

MJack
Membro

We definitely need this feature. We recently had over 2000 duplicate companies created (I believe in error). It's far to time consuming to merge each one. 

shafqat01
Membro

Its still in pending not able to merge contacts in bulk.

warrendavey
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

@shafqat01 - You should be able to use the new mass merge if you are in the beta and have the proper license: Operations Hub Professional and Enterprise only

You can find details of this tool at the bottom of this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/deduplication-of-contacts-companies-deals-tickets

Also, if you don't have these tools, our firm can do this with programming tools we've developed outside of HubSpot. 

stephanderson
Participante

The problem I had with Operations hub mass deduping is that you can't sort by any particular field, so if you have lots of dupes they will be scatterd across many pages of duplicate listings. But maybe I wasn't doing it right. We found success with Deduply. You can dedupe by any field, even custom fields and you can automate it.

warrendavey
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

@stephanderson - I'm so glad you found a solution. 

As HubSpot grows and becomes more sophisticated, you will see these types of tools progress further.  When I worked on Salesforce implementations in 2015, this was not a capability within their system.  HubSpot is tackling these types of significant data structures early on.

AGrund
Membro

Upvote

DigitalImpact
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

Upvote

JoLo_1205
Participante

Any update on this?

JoelWhitford
Participante | Parceiro Elite

Another up-vote from me too. 

Adding - Bulk merge via an import would be amazing if this was possible.   Spreadsheet with 2 columns, 'Record ID to keep', 'Record ID to merge'. 

Rhea-Spectora
Membro

Upvoted! I tend to get customers who send me new email threads with different attachments. These get sorted into new tickets. It'd help a ton if I could save time by bulk merging a list of tickets per customer (e.g. if customer sent 3 emails to my team and 1 email to the sales team, I can see all 4 tickets and just select/merge my 3).

HRZ
Participante

I found that you can bulk merge with some really great features, provided you upgrade to Operations Hub Professional

JWebb7
Membro

Hows it lookin on this? 

AlexaL
Membro

Yes please bring this feature into HubSpot. I have to manually merge 1600 duplicate accounts from a sales reps' Outlook synced with HubSpot.

Even exact matched company names are missed by the 'Manage Duplicates' function.