HubSpot Ideas

Yunhui

New feature: Bulk Merge for Duplicates

Yas, we've got the feature of manage duplicates that's great. One thought is there's no way to bulk merge of contact and company duplicates, and you'll need to go through one by one manually. 

I'm wondering if there's a better way for us instead of deduplicating one by one, which is literally unrealistic for enterprise users with mass contacts. In our case, we have 1890 duplicates for contacts, which requires going through 1890 times of deduplicates.

New feature request: Bulk Merge 

167 Comentários
AlexanderC
Participante

Hi everyone,

I found a working solution. I use https://www.insycle.com/ 

After a few trials and tests, I managed to clean up about 10,000 duplicates in a few minutes.

Good UX and a variety of rules to configure.

Best regards

Alexander

(I'm not connected to insycle - just a happy user).

elanashama
Top colaborador(a)

I've tried Insycle and it's great, but it's also really expensive. We have 140K+ contacts in our database, which ramps up the price.

HubSpot really needs to offer a cheaper tool for handling duplicates.

ck2018
Participante

If you’re looking for additional ways to merge duplicates in bulk and automatically, Insycle is an app in the marketplace that complements and augments the HubSpot deduplication features. We've been around for a while, we have many happy HubSpot customers, and we constantly improve and add new features. We now offer low-cost option just for deduplication at 50% of the cost.

Here are some of our recent improvements:

• Deduplicate automatically using HubSpot Workflows that trigger right when a lead fills out a form and before the welcome email is sent and the lead gets assigned.
  • Pick which data is retained on the merged record using customized master field selection on a field-by-field basis. For example, retain the "owner" from the Company record that was created first. 
  • Support for bulk deduplicating any HubSpot custom object.
  • Elaborate deduplication preview report that shows the duplicate records and proposed master retained values - before the changes go live. 
  • Low-cost option just for deduplication. The One plan with the "Merge Duplicates" module is priced at 50% of the Business plan and you can use it to merge duplicates in bulk and automatically. Use the slider on the pricing page to see the cost.
  • Free plan for databases with up to 5,000 records (Contacts + Companies + Deals). Free plan includes all modules, unlimited usage, and unlimited users.
  • GDPR compliant for the recently modernised standard contractual clauses (SCC) 
You can hear customer stories and learn more about how to automate your HubSpot deduplication using Insycle. 

Deduplication Master Field SelectionDeduplication Master Field Selection
Rongen
Colaborador(a)

It's 2022 and yes this is necessary to have.

RobertWare
Participante | Parceiro Elite

A definite upvote. Am having to clean up accounts by single merging and it is painful, especially when I could just merge them by company name.

RandyThe1
Membro

I would like to reignite this idea of managing duplicates more effectively to hopefully bring this issue to HubSpot's attention again. Integration of bulk merging capabilities would make this serve impeccable. My company is awaiting any further work with HubSpot until this option becomes available. We would love to see it come together! Managing thousands of duplicate contacts is simply not an option with imports from various previous databases. 

CArvanitis
Membro

Please! I have over 2000 duplicates that I just inherited, I've spent so much time on this. I'd love to force accept some of these. 

Some of them are both the same company, one contact includes a phone number, one doesn't.... of course they need to be merged! 

Thanks

RobertWare
Participante | Parceiro Elite

Hi @CArvanitis,

As a quick fix, I can recommend Insycle and merging based on company domain names for companies and full emails for contacts. Membership is about $20 per month.  

KKnudsen
Membro

@hubspot-

If you guys want to play ball in the enterprise space this is a must have vs. other high contact volume solutions.  I have over 65k contacts right now with over 2k duplicate records = ipossible to go 1x1. 

SBhatia
Membro

@ianleaman what 3rd party app partners can do this? have 2k+ duplicates and don't want to go through them one by one

esteeratliff
Colaborador(a)

@SBhatia i couldn't wait any longer & ended up purchasing dedupely. I resolved 3,000 account dupes in literally 30 min after barely a 30 min setup. Was insane. It also helps me keep an eye on dupes the HubSpot tool doesn't even find. Was worth the price and I use it daily. It was available in the HubSpot app store.

SBhatia
Membro

@esteeratliff Thanks, will check it out!

BJakharia
Participante

This is literally a painfull process for me.

I have to manually search plenty of companies to merge the contacts. Before merging, I have to manually check which one should be the primary contact and which one not.

I highly recommend this.

Having these duplicate contacts created because of email CC's spoil all the sales reports, conversion reports etc.

JGreenmore
Membro

@ianleaman any update here?

Kristiina
Membro

@ianleaman - do you have a status on this? in May 202 you said it was moved to planning.

warrendavey
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

HubSpot's Ops Hub now allows you to dedupe contacts with a custom code - https://www.hubspot.com/programmable-automation-use-cases?offer=dedupe-contact

SBhatia
Membro

🔥🔥🔥

RShatil
Membro

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, watch out now for MULTIPLE company associations AFTER merging contacts! I just discovered this today.

And when you delete the bad, secondary email address, the secondary company association DOESN'T automatically go away! Thanks HubSpot!

AGromova
Membro

Great idea, guys! I'm missing now it in HubSpot. 

AI5
Membro

Hello!

It looks like the request is long overdue. Any updates from HubSpot Team?