HubSpot Ideas

Yunhui

New feature: Bulk Merge for Duplicates

Yas, we've got the feature of manage duplicates that's great. One thought is there's no way to bulk merge of contact and company duplicates, and you'll need to go through one by one manually. 

I'm wondering if there's a better way for us instead of deduplicating one by one, which is literally unrealistic for enterprise users with mass contacts. In our case, we have 1890 duplicates for contacts, which requires going through 1890 times of deduplicates.

New feature request: Bulk Merge 

167 Replies
Stevenrassi
Participant

Please add this, it will save a massive amount of time.

ILANG
Participant

Hey, we still don't have this, we have an account that manages 6 countries and it turns out Hubspot limits to 2k duplicates the list. List is already full.

esteeratliff
Contributor

This is definitely still a huge need. I have the bulk merge functionality in NetSuite so I agree that it saves a TON of time. When our integration sometimes goes wacky, having a quick way to fix  duplicates en mass would help tons. 

warrendavey
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

I'm sure it has been mentioned before but dedupe.ly is an awesome tool for this. I used it with a few of my clients and only needed it for a short amount of time.  The cost is relative to how large your database is. 

TaylorWells

This is a must. Spend way too much time sorting through duplicates. 

LPereira3
Participant

Hi @ianleaman ! Any update on this? 

TSpooren

Recently signed up and missing this as well. Imported a huge list which created a company record for each contact, we edited all the contact data but companies is a mess. 

AGiannelli

We just move to AIRCALL and it creates a new contact for each new number / new call not identify

WE really really need to get this option , this is a must please

Because we have a lot of contact with 3 contacts and with same phone number? mobile number or fix number 

ILANG
Participant

Hi,

I found this app INSYCLE https://www.insycle.com/hubspot/ that seems to be the best at data cleaning... have not tried yet since my superior did not authorize it yet but looks to be a good fit for the job

AGiannelli

Honnestly it is better that Hubspot try to find a fix in order to get the BULK MERGE possible or possibility to MERGE contact from :

* their phone number

* their name

We need to choose which attribute hubspot has to check to see if we want to merge or not the contact

this is a must

please hubpost super dev could you make something for it?

the idea to go to install a component with need to pay again is not thre best solution for us

This feature is included in all other CRM

JYukon

Any update on being able to merger or delete duplicates?

bthny

Any update on this? Could really use a faster way to merge our 2000 duplicate contacts.....

SKaslly

Please consider working on this...would save lots of time.  Thank you.

Jwyoung
Participant

Any updates from HS on this? 

schwipples
Participant

Wild that this isn't an option.  Any update?  Tons of comments over two years, please tell us there is an end in sight!  Even just give us the option to approve the merge from the "Review/Dismiss" page so we don't have to open each individual contact (x thousands)...

andrew_thomas
Participant

This would be a fabulous function to have. We're about to have to merge a few hundred companies...

elanashama
Top Contributor

This is sorely needed. I have a list of 600+ dupe contacts that I want to merge, and needless to say, I do not want to have to do it manually.

Does anyone know of any tools we can use to bulk merge contacts?

esteeratliff
Contributor

@elanashama I actually did  looked into the Dedupely app HubSpot has in the marketplace but haven't tried it out yet. Looks like it may do what we need, same as you, bulk merge.  Trying to wait until the new year to buy it though. Our database is a hot mess hahaha so I don't think I can wait on HubSpot to make an inhouse version 🙁

RShatil
It HS wants to alert me to the fact that I have duplicates, and they want to charge me thousands of dollars a year, it should be a standard feature and not an add-on.
elanashama
Top Contributor

thanks @esteeratliff