HubSpot Ideas

Yunhui

New feature: Bulk Merge for Duplicates

Yas, we've got the feature of manage duplicates that's great. One thought is there's no way to bulk merge of contact and company duplicates, and you'll need to go through one by one manually. 

I'm wondering if there's a better way for us instead of deduplicating one by one, which is literally unrealistic for enterprise users with mass contacts. In our case, we have 1890 duplicates for contacts, which requires going through 1890 times of deduplicates.

New feature request: Bulk Merge 

167 Commentaires
ck2018
Participant

If you’re open to using a third-party app, check out the new App Marketplace for solutions. I work for Insycle and with our app you can identify duplicates by any field and bulk merge them using flexible rules to make sure the right master record is picked. You can also generate a CSV report of the duplicates, run bulk merge in “Preview” before they go live, and automate the deduplication process.

HubSpot built an open platform to help businesses discover tools, improve customer experiences, and grow better. As part of HubSpot's "all-on-one" platform, the Insycle product complements and augments customer data management in HubSpot.

Here is a short video showing how the Insycle deduplication process works.

RBoze
Participant

Hey Adrienne. 

I know that HubSpot is currently in the process of building out their deduplication features these last few months. I'm sure some broader bulk merge features are in their pipeline down the road. In the meantime, you might need a third-party tool for bulk processes like that. 

klkoontz
Membre

Adding this feature would save a tremendous amount of time - it would be a game changer.  Please implement this ASAP.

alannes
Membre | Partenaire solutions Diamond

It'd be great if we were able to match a property (like phone number) in a workflow and have all contacts with the same phone number merged together.

willerdmann
Membre

I would agree.  We share the same sentiment as OP, managing thousands of contacts one at a time is impractical. 

AngLechtenberg
Membre

I agree! Would be a great addition.

MollyM
Membre

Yes Please! 

Michael_1
Membre

Not having this is a touch insane. 

samglenn
Contributeur de premier rang

For the love of all that is good and holy pleeeeease implement this. We have a crazy amount of duplicates that we are really struggling to filer through. 

cmalanga
Membre

Echoing comments above!  Additionally, the ability to do this via fil upload would be very helpful.  For example, you'd have contact ID, email address, etc. columns of the master contact, then the same information for the duplicate in the same row.  This would dictate which contact should get merged.

BenHP
Membre

Great idea! Currently have over 180 duplicates and it feels like such a waste of time going through each one, one at a time to merge them when I'm confident it would be correct and accurate to merge all of the ones that hubspot has identified as duplicates.

KeyWestScott
Conseiller clé

Hey @BenD, that's what I'd thought too.  But, on further investigation I found that the matches that HS made were less than close to perfect.

My suggestion is to edit the columns/fields that you can match against.  I've added Date Added and IP State/Region (US based) and found that what appeared to be matches, could very well not be. Then go back an look at those contacts again and see if they really are who you think they are.  You may be suprised, as I was.

Those that I didn't merge I will hopefully catch in the Lists that I've created to flag those that bounce, do not click, etc and then periodically delete those contacts enmass. 

Scott.

Duncxz
Participant

Need this - have thousands of duplicates. Paid to move on to the version with deduplicate and presented with thousands of clicks. And they are obviously all duplicates.  Arghhh what the....

lgrier
Participant

Yes, I and our entire team would like to advocate for this to be enhanced. We have over 2000 duplicates, many who came from an import and we would like to make contact 1 the primary in bulk. We do not have time or the resources to go through 2000, one by one. We can go page by page, which significantly decreases our time. 

Thank you for the consideration to make this enhancement. 

Msyvrais
Conseiller clé

Desperately need this tool to be beefed up!

Currently when we de-dupe in Salesforce, the lead record in hubspot gets deleted and when we de-dupe (one by one) in hubspot we have to repeat those steps in salesforce. We have 2000 plus duplicates as salesforce does not prevent a duplicate record from being created only tried to prevent it.

Being able to de duplicate in bulk based on commonalities would be amazing

- Example there is a contact that looks like a duplicate and we have 3 records with 3 different emails, being able to identify which one is the active email vs ones that might have bounced could eliminate MANY duplicates in one shot.

- Being able to merge records if they merge in salesforce would also take care of a large portion as we have a tool that lets us bulk de duplicate in salesforce. (integration app).

Eliminating the "junk" duplicates would allow us to pay more close attention to the more questionable ones.

Dedupely
Contributeur

This is exactly what Dedupely makes super easy (our typical customer has way more than 1000 duplicates).

Merge rules also save you lost data from blind merging. In the end you'll just trust your data more.

We've had customers say "I merged 9,000+ dupes.. litterally is the best money I've spent this quarter" and others "this saved me like a million hours (slight exaggeration)"

Get 100 free merges when you sign up for a free trial. You can find us on the HubSpot App Marketplace.

P.S. Let's Grow Better together.

wesaquavit
Membre

YES! 

Msyvrais
Conseiller clé

@Dedupely  I will give the 7 day trial a go. But I still think HS should beef up their integrated deduping 😉

Nigel-A
Participant

Definitely need a bulk merge capability, woke up this morning to 2000+ duplicates! Processing them one by one is an absolute nightmare... and such a waste of time! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese HubSpot, save me from this dedupe insanity! 

NinaKovari
Contributeur

To add onto this, it would be cool if we could import a deduplication list, where one column is the primary email/contact ID and the second is the email/contact ID we wish to merge. 

This would be super helpful for the specific import error "'######' is not a valid CONTACT ID (details: A contact with the email 'example@example.com' already exists.)" that essentially tells you you have duplicates. Instead of sifting through hundreds of duplicates, I could just import the deduplication list and then re-import my original list.