HubSpot Ideas

Yunhui

New feature: Bulk Merge for Duplicates

Yas, we've got the feature of manage duplicates that's great. One thought is there's no way to bulk merge of contact and company duplicates, and you'll need to go through one by one manually. 

I'm wondering if there's a better way for us instead of deduplicating one by one, which is literally unrealistic for enterprise users with mass contacts. In our case, we have 1890 duplicates for contacts, which requires going through 1890 times of deduplicates.

New feature request: Bulk Merge 

167 Comentários
KeyWestScott
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

Furthermore, one of the properties that is used to identify? a contact is Last Activity Date.  Defined as:

Last activity date: the last date and time of a note, call, sales email, meeting, or task on the contact's record. This is set automatically by HubSpot based on the date/time set for an activity when it's logged on the record. For example, if a user logs a call today for a call that occurred previously, the Last activity date property in the record will show today's date.

For a B2C that sells or processes thousands of deals a day, solely online, this is a useless criteria.  We typically will never see our customer until the day of service.

How about a more objective criteria?  Or better yet, since everyones definition is different, let US choose the criteria???  For Example, Last Page View, last email click/open, etc?????

Scott

noamkahn
HubSpot Employee

i agree this should be implemented!

dan6392
Membro

I agree - this should be implemented. I just learned of it, and realized I have over 1,000 duplicate contact records. No time to do every one manually!

Yunhui
Membro

Exactly. We experience the same, and it's really time-consuming. Even though for some duplicates you don't want to merge, there's no quick way to edit company name from the view to differentiate duplicates.  Since it's a new feature, I guess HS is working hard on improving the user experience and features. 

GiovannaVallin
Membro

We need this too! We have a 70k base, it impossible to do so one by one

SanneB
Membro

At the moment it's realy time consuming to merge the individual contacts so please implement this feature!

JacobSeedlink
Participante

I can't upvote this idea enough. 

We just recently transferred from a different CRM system, and we discovered a large number of duplicates. 

We had to merge 2,883 companies one by one. This took us 56 (painful) hours to complete. Of those 2,883, around 900 of them were exactly same name duplicates with no owners. 

This would be a tremendous help. 

tamgraves
Membro

Totally agree with this!  And if we could pull more columns into the pain we could easily eyeball without having to click into yet another window.

segmed
Participante

We really need this feature too.

Christina-Wyn
Membro

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, Please. And if I can stress more, Pleeeeeeease add this bulk merge feature

Tstewart7332
Membro

Yes, I completely agree.  Even if you could select the right account from the list rather than having to click each one and go to a 2nd screen to identify the target and merge. Just list them side by side in a list where you can select all and edit the ones that don't default correctly.

For example,  Stanford University   stanford.com [ ]       Stanford University   mail.stanford.com [ ]    

ABC Company                  abc.com [ ]        ABC Company             health.abc.com [ ]

Merge    

You could have 100 companies on a page, select all, scan the list and make the appropriate changes then select merge.  Even with machine learning, you have to have a selection process.  The way itis now creates a bottleneck when you have to go to the next screen on each account.

Ivy
Membro

Supporting the idea of bulk merge! it would be a pain to go through the duplicates one by one when the data is huge.

alexsander
Membro

Please make this happen! 

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer! It'd be great if there's an option to do this - something as simple as checkboxes next to the pair of duplicates and a reminder message (e.g. "You're about to dismiss/merge 50 contacts") will be really useful to speed up this process 🙂

veronicapgg
Membro

I'm going through 1300+ duplicates and I can't believe there's no bulk merge.

PLEASE implement it!

Aarochang
Membro

YES PLEASE. I have several thousand dups to parse through and while I'm in merging **bleep** right now, this would be a great feature to have for anyone else that has this problem.

maryfett
Membro

I can't believe this isn't an option. We just moved from Salesforce and there are many duplicates.  I cannot figure out why there isn't a mechanism to detect this and solve.

alphawhiskey
Membro

Who: Marketing

Goal: To streamline lists and merge contacts more easily

Value: cut down on time spent evaluating duplicates; ensure that contacts aren't contacted multiple times in one campaign.

My idea is to have a bulk merge/dedupe function for lists that include duplicate contacts. The current process is to evaluate each duplicate individually, merging each record one by one.  My company receives membership lists on a monthly/quarterly basis (depending on the group we service) and the lists contain many duplicates. This creates alerts in the system and a lot of clean-up work when HubSpot finds the dupes. 

Thank you,

Adrienne  

is_ppce
Participante

Upvote!

Cnadler
Participante | Parceiro Platinum

Agreed