New feature: Bulk Merge for Duplicates

Yas, we've got the feature of manage duplicates that's great. One thought is there's no way to bulk merge of contact and company duplicates, and you'll need to go through one by one manually. 

I'm wondering if there's a better way for us instead of deduplicating one by one, which is literally unrealistic for enterprise users with mass contacts. In our case, we have 1890 duplicates for contacts, which requires going through 1890 times of deduplicates.

New feature request: Bulk Merge 

HubSpot updates
6 Replies
KeyWestScott
Esteemed Contributor

Furthermore, one of the properties that is used to identify? a contact is Last Activity Date.  Defined as:

Last activity date: the last date and time of a note, call, sales email, meeting, or task on the contact's record. This is set automatically by HubSpot based on the date/time set for an activity when it's logged on the record. For example, if a user logs a call today for a call that occurred previously, the Last activity date property in the record will show today's date.

For a B2C that sells or processes thousands of deals a day, solely online, this is a useless criteria.  We typically will never see our customer until the day of service.

How about a more objective criteria?  Or better yet, since everyones definition is different, let US choose the criteria???  For Example, Last Page View, last email click/open, etc?????

Scott

HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

i agree this should be implemented!

dan6392
Regular Contributor

I agree - this should be implemented. I just learned of it, and realized I have over 1,000 duplicate contact records. No time to do every one manually!

Yunhui
Occasional Contributor

Exactly. We experience the same, and it's really time-consuming. Even though for some duplicates you don't want to merge, there's no quick way to edit company name from the view to differentiate duplicates.  Since it's a new feature, I guess HS is working hard on improving the user experience and features. 

GiovannaVallin
Occasional Contributor

We need this too! We have a 70k base, it impossible to do so one by one

SanneB
New Contributor

At the moment it's realy time consuming to merge the individual contacts so please implement this feature!