HubSpot Ideas

HannahStream

New Sequence Update - Creating a new contact before starting a sequence

The update that went out today 2.21.19 where salespeople have to create a new contact before just sending an email and hubspot automatically creating a new contact has caused some issues for us. It much more time consuming and we're having issues with company name auto filling. 

I could eventually get used to creating a contact before sending a sequence to a new lead, but the company name auto-fills in the sequence with the full company name. Example:  "Stream.io inc" and that makes it obvious it's an autofill generated email, instead of "Stream" what the company goes by.  So then i have to go into each email in my sequence and change it, which is very time-consuming. Even when i create the new contact i enter in the company name I want to use and hubspot overrides that. see photosadded "Fresh Layer Foods"added "Fresh Layer Foods"hubspot overrided my company name input and did " freshlayerfoods.comhubspot overrided my company name input and did " freshlayerfoods.com

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
February 26, 2019 12:04 PM

Re: New Sequence Update - Creating a new contact before starting a sequence
February 26, 2019 12:03 PM

Thanks for the quick feedback! We rolled back the update at 3:00PM on Friday February 22nd, so things should be working as usual.

We're sorry about the inconvenience this caused! 

3 Replies
kmr386
Participant

I have to contribute to this topic, because since this change, productivity has not been as high and it has been incredibly time consuming to be required to add the contact info into Hubspot first. We should have always have the option to add the contact info into Hubspot first, while ALSO having the option to manually type the contact, company name, and job title info into a Gmail sequence, if we want to. 

The main issue I am seeing with this update is that even if we are entering the contact info into Hubspot first, and we are typing the company name in EXACTLY how we want it to populate (i.e. as Orangetheory Fitness,) when we open gmail to send a sequence, it then changes the company name to what Hubspot wants it to look like (now it says ORANGETHEORY FITNESS in all caps, which makes it look like a robot is sending the email.) On top of being required to add the contact into Hubspot first, we now additionally have to go back to every single email in the sequence and change the company name to reflect the look that we want. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE undo this change and let us manually fill in our own info like we could before (while still giving us the option to auto-populate it if we add the contact into Hubspot first!)

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for the quick feedback! We rolled back the update at 3:00PM on Friday February 22nd, so things should be working as usual.

We're sorry about the inconvenience this caused! 

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team