HubSpot Ideas

ctice003

New Image Editor

I just went to add an image into a social media post and noticed that the image editor has completely changed. Instead of having all of the functionality that we used to have, we now can only crop and resize (and that doesn't work all that well).

Will a new image editor be available with more functionality? Maybe a third party application at least to give us more functionality?

12 Replies
Yof

I am missing this tool as well! We just started to use it the last two weeks but now it's gone.

klangkammer
Participant

I'm really not a fan— it looks nice, but there is no functionality. Most obnoxiously, it won't let me both resize and crop the image— I have to resize and save, THEN reclone, crop it, and save again. Way too many steps. 

Tiffany
Participant

Agreed, the functionality has been greatly reduced. The editor that was there previously wasn't perfect, but it was better than the less-than-tablestakes version that it's been replaced with. When can we expect an improved image editor?

MiaPV
Top Contributor

Wondering if anyone at HubSpot will ever respond to this. The new image editor is a terrible user experience and almost an even worse web experience. Why on earth would it save a cropped jpg as a png which exponentially increases the file size and basically does the opposite of optimizing the page.

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

Same Here! went to edit an image and new editor is completly lacking in functionality. Where did it go? The documention is just covers this new editor. I think we just got ghosted by Hubspot.

rabbleon
Participant

I am greatly disappointed with the current image editor as well and have spent countless hours trying to navigate this. After speaking on the phone with HubSpot Support multiple times to walk through this issue, I learned that HubSpot previously utilized a 3rd party image editing tool called Adobe "Aviary" which has been discontinued. Thus, HubSpot users no longer have the ability to edit photos like before. An unusable croping/resizing feature has been left.  I am not even able to crop images correctly. Images convert to a PNG and size up to large/unusable file sizes (as mentioned in the comments above above). Furthermore, I must also zoom out of my web browser to effectively see what I am croping. 

It was suggested by HubSpot Support that I encourage my team as well as others that utilize HubSpot to comment & upvote this thread. With more upvotes, this may signal to HubSpot that this is something customers are looking into. 

Currently, I am forced to utilize another editing tool that I am paying another premium for, save multiple versions of my images to meet the needs of various social media platforms on my computer and then upload these various images to Hubspot. It is my opinion that HubSpot has taken steps backward with regard to this issue and, for the premium users pay for it, I find this unacceptable. HubSpot - Please address ASAP. 

CQ1700

Can this please get fixed, so obnoxious. 

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

I got the same response from support. There are other image SDK like https://www.photoeditorsdk.com/ that are similar. Hopefully Hubspot will use something like that to add the functionality to the new tool.

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

Here's an open source SDK that could be used http://ui.toast.com/tui-image-editor/

heidiharriet

This new phote editor works really bad! I myself don't need any other editing option than crop and resize but the functionality in the new tool is really really bad! You can't even crop and resize the picture. You need to first crop, then save, then resize then save again and then go and delete the unneeded extra version. PLEASE! IMPROVE THIS!

I also think that the new tool was lauched poorly, 'cos sometimes the old photo editor appears when you try to edit photos. The old editor doesn't work anymore, it doesn't open the pictures and so on... Then I need to go to File Manager to edit the picture and then back to where I was. This takes so much time and is just purely extra work and clicks. I also never know where the old tool is going to show up and where the the new. So editing pictures in Email section might bring up the new tool but website's might still  bring up the old tool... CONFUSING!

rabbleon
Participant

I am shocked that no one from HubSpot has even acknowledged this thread yet.

HubSpot - Please let us know when the photo editor will be fixed! We deserve an answer ASAP.

Thank you!

Ashrakay1
Member | Partner

Come on, Hubspot. Take this seriously!  At least reply to your customers who are paying for your service. 

The decision to change the photo editor was a massive downgrade in functionality and, as an agency partner, I offered that service as a key selling point.  Now, my clients are wondering why I'm not delivering on promises I made them.  

Give me a good reason to explain to my managed clients why I can't make good on my promise.