HubSpot Ideas

JPH

Never Log or Track

Hi,

We have the issue that internal office/confidential/personal emails are tracked and we have no option to stop this from happening. Yes you can select the untrack for each individual email sent to the contact but as soon as that doesn't happen once, then it creates an element of doubt around what records are kept for the contact.

There are a lot of emails going back and forth between administration/management/personal that never need to be logged or tracked. We have the ip address blocked which prevents the notifications and email address listed for exclusion around logging but there is nothing for tracking.

It would be great to be able have a check box/drop down inside a contact record that you can select globally to never log or track which overides any other setting you have around the sales extension tool or gmail. 

3 Replies
jieyintan
HubSpot Employee

A Never Track list will definitely be helpful and much more scalable-- Blocking of IP addresses might not be a feasible solution for big companies with many global offices. Unchecking individual emails also leaves a lot of room for human error and affects scalability!

dougfairbro
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I agree with this suggestion. I've noticed a lot of 'SOMEONE has opened X email' because I've blocked the IP address, but they're still being tracked.

The team shouldn't have to manually untick or tick 'track' for every single email they send, it's not sustainable. It's also clouding up our activity feed and sends unnecessary notifications.

I see we have a 'never log' option, please integrate a 'never track' option as well.

ADewar

This would be so useful, as we have many emails between ourselves that dont need logging or tracking and is pretty annoying to

have to un-click track and log boxes every email.