HubSpot Ideas

Sdiddy407

Never Log by User Role

Recently one of our executive leaders realized that the outlook plugin had been tracking every email to his contact record. These emails were to other  C-suite leaders and contained information that should not be public. Hubspot has little to no protections from this except to have each individual person set their Never Log to each of the executive leaders.

My recommendation would be to add functionality to the roles and allow for tracking to be turned off across certain role types to keep this from happening again.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies
natsumimori
Community Manager

Hi @Sdiddy407 , thank you for sharing your feedback!

I've found this idea post which seems similar to your feedback, would you mind taking a look?: Add Role Based Emails to the Never Log Settings 

If you think the linked idea is identical to yours, could you please give it an upvote and share your feedback in the thread? Our product team is constantly on the lookout in the Ideas Forum for users' feedback and ideas on ways in which they could possibly improve the functionality of our tools, so sharing more of your use case on this feature request would definitely help in pushing for the exploration of this feature.

If you think the linked idea is something different from yours, I can move this thread (your thread) to the Ideas Forum, feel free to let me know!

Sdiddy407
Contributor

Not really, the post you mentioned is using the email types to identify spam. What I am requesting is that we could disable email tracking for our internal company users based upon a role set in Hubspot.  Therefore protecting internal emails of our C-suite or executive leadership from being added into the CRM accidentally.

natsumimori
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying! I am going to move this thread to the Ideas Forum so that other users can vote on and share more use cases.