HubSpot Ideas

HubUser4517

Need to disable two factor authentication for a user

Currently facing the issue of not being able to disable 2FA authenthication for users in my portal. Wishing this was a feature as sometimes unforeseen circumstances arise and we might not be able to authenthicate via mobile device. Would be great if Super Admins were granted this right. 

Jamie vanWalsum

18 Replies
pixeladas
Participant

We are experiencing problems with the double authentication. The users are not receiving the SMS then tey can't login.

😱We need also this functionality.

TomBlubaugh
Participant

I would like to disable this. Spending a lot of time waiting on email with code. Having the option to disengage and reengage would be nice. Thanks.

Teami

We need this too. As super admins we should have this right if we need to handle unforseen circumstances.

TimM_Croft

This should already be a feature. Without this, the user is jumping through hoops to recover the account.

tg52
Participant

Agree - currently v cumbersome and time consuming - especially since often someone submits request for admin help, and by the time the admin sees it + gets through to user to get their code.... it has already expired.

If at admin level I can both make it obligatory / optional for every user to use either SSO or 2FA + can make individual 'excluded users' from SSO requirement... why can't I remove 2FA for a single user? 

DOberdorf

This issue needs to be fixed Hubspot! Its a continuous issue and a 48 hour lock on the account is ridiculous. Give super admins the ability to disable your 2FA!

lindahouben
Contributor | Elite Partner

Would love to see this feature. Having issues with a user logging in with the 2FA, but cannot change this.

Jin1

2FA mandatory is very annoying and makes us to consider using salesforce.

MZauner

2FA mandatory would be necessary to be disabled for specific accounts by superadmin. ie we have an employee with a visual impairment, therefore this additional step is a very big hurdle for handicapped people!

DevonG
Contributor

Absolutely agree - if the user cannot access their email (in time) or we don't want to send an email to every super admin requesting 2FA be removed, we should be able to disable it from the User management portal.

Not to mention the caveat that if you happen to be the 11th super admin, you won't receive that reset email.

JFang

This is needed. It's strange to alert all super admins to remove a user's 2fa. It would be helpful for a super admin to disable the 2fa for a user. 

JLee03

Can't believe this is still not implemented from 2018. 5 years seriously? 

DDamat
Participant

Goodbye HubSpot...

ACzaja

This is a highly needed feature. 

KarenBIsland

Agree. Current process is far to cumbersome!! I'm a Super Admin and have been trying to remove two factor for one of my users for 3 days now!!

DanielHird
Participant

@KarenBIsland did you ever get any joy with this?

I'm in the same boat - super admin, with a user requesting to have it removed, but no idea how.

pille
Participant

I had someone leave the company and need to login as them, but am unable to because 2FA is setup using their phone number.

UPDATE: I was able to get in as the person eventually by having him use the 'lost authentication device method'

colucci
Participant

This has to be the worst implementation of 2FA ever.  Users have no control over how and when it works.

We (super users) spent a day and a half disabling 2FA for our team only to have it all get turned back on again!  I am forced to log into Hubspot 5 times a day on the SAME computer on the SAME internet.  It's a complete waste of everyone's time.