HubSpot Ideas

brent1

Need to bulk associate Activities with a Deal

Most all other CRMs have the ability to bulk associate, or edit, Activities with a specific Deal. So if I want to go back and link emails, calls, tasks, etc., to a specific deal I currently have to do it on a one by one basis. This should be an easy fix. 

40 Comentarios
CT-Eko
Participante

Seconding this idea! Sometimes deals don't happen right away, and there may be a reasonable amount of activity against a contact or company before it becomes appropriate to create a new deal. In that case, going through each individual timeline activity in order to associate it with the new deal is a pain. 

Would be great if we could mass-associate past activities to the new deal!

caroline-thrm
Participante

Thirding! I recently found that when creating a new Deal, you can choose *then* which Contact and Company activities to associate with that Deal by default - cool right? Every time I add an activity to Camille Client, it will always be associated with her Deal, but only if I've *just now* created that Deal.

But the same CAN'T be done for existing Deals, so we're left with manually associating *every* individual Contact/Company activity with the appropriate Deal. To me it seems absurd that it can be done for new Deals, but not existing ones. Support suggested I submit an idea here, but I haven't had a lot of success with that so far, and this seems like a no-brainer, and almost irresponsible for them *not* to undertake it as a feature request right away.

BrettCampbell
Miembro

I agree. This seems like a common sence feature. What needs to happen before this gets looked at?

caroline-thrm
Participante

@BrettCampbell I've also found that Deals created from Workflows or via Integrations don't have any of the auto-associating capability you get when manually creating a Deal. Most of our Deals get created automatically by Workflow or by Integration, so we're SOL on the auto-associating front unless/until something is done about this. 😞

jlyman
Participante

We also have the auto deal creation through workflows or uploads and therefore associations are lost as those deals are created.  This truly **bleep**!  I love HubSpot... surely there is a fix for this 🙂

lucasbarion
Miembro

This feature would be really useful. Specially when organizing the CRM

jbnut78
Miembro

Totally agree! When associating contacts with deals, we need a bulk email selection...otherwise it's too time consuming to cary over each email thread.  

Brittany-RG
Colaborador

Yes, we really need this too! It seems easy enough since the functionality exists when creating a new deal already.

Kelly18
Colaborador

Bulk email selection would save a lot of time and energy

moodwall
Miembro

This feature needs more attention. We need an option to go backwards and bulk import or associate emails with a contact to a deal (i.e. pull in from gmail emails associated with that contact from the past 24 hours, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, al-time). Sometimes there are emails prior to registering a deal and these emails are lost unless a user manually goes back to link the deals to the contacts.

It would be useful too if we can auto-sync bulk emails to deals as a one time feature when migrating to HubSpot. I.e. pull in all emails on all deals from the associated contacts for a given period (i.e. 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, all time) depending on the sales cycle needs. At the moment there is no simple way to migrate into HubSpot without losing all the emails or having to manually link all relevant details or pay a third party app to import emails.

Kieran_Hanrahan
Miembro

This should really just happen automatically, not need to be done manually in bulk. Hubspot already does it for company records, why can't they associate contacts' timeline activity with deal records automatically too? Huge oversight, highly annoying

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting on behalf of a customer. It's great that there's this "add timeline activity" option when creating a new deal manually or via automation. That said, it would be even more useful to be able to add timeline activity to an existing deal/ticket record from the already associated contacts or companies.

OLS-JPang
Miembro

100% would love to be able to have sequence emails and tasks (which are fired from contacts not tickets), automatically associated to tickets instead of manually associating everything to the ticket.

JOakley
Colaborador

Please make this happen.
A contact was incorrectly assigned to a company and now months of communication has been wrongly associated with the company.   I can remove individually by dropping down the "Associated with X records" option, removing the company and adding to the correct one but this will take a long time as there are many records.  It would be handy to be able to action this in bulk.  Thanks.

DMesias
Miembro

This is one of the things I don't like about HubSpot, I see ideas posted for 2-3 years and no end in sight for features clients wants that are very much "common sense" Why wouldn't sequence activity in the contact be automatically associated with the deal? Makes no sense

phitomia
Miembro

+1 on this!

LPereira3
Participante

don't forget to UPVOTE!!!

indigitalltechn
Miembro

Support this idea 100%

CatherinWright
Participante

I also would love to see this functionality. It's a big ask for users to associate records and then click into those newly-associated records and manually associate each activity. Please prioritize this. Thanks!

TusharM
Miembro

Upvoting this idea. I log most of the calls from Hubspot mobile app. However, call logs are not getting associted to the current deal automatically. Hence at the end of the day need to manually assign it. This feature of automatically assigning the logs/activity to existing deal would save a lot of time.