HubSpot Ideas

aaron-leadhub

Need the ability to re-run a credit card

Hey Team,

In considering moving our payment processing away from QBO and into HubSpot there is one major impediment standing in the way. Since the payment gateway is one HubSpot account with Stripe the tenant (or HubSpot client) doesn't have access to that gateway. It is common that credit card limits are hit at the time of attempted processing and payments may be declined.

The current setup requires the customer to go back and manually process their card again. This extra step makes it difficult for the HubSpot client to be in control of their payments. There should be a workaround or automated re-try to process the card on the next day. 

How does the HubSpot client hold the customer to an agreement if they are unable to reprocess a card? For example, a customer signs up for a monthly payment for 5 months where they get full access to a product/service library. Even if the customer signs a 5-month contract they can avoid payment for services if their payment method fails one time.

1 Reply
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager

Hi @aaron-leadhub

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

This is currently working as designed. See the note in this Knowledge base article:

“HubSpot will not automatically retry charging a payment method for a failed payment. However, if the issue is resolved with the original payment method, the buyer can re-enter their original payment details when updating their payment method and that payment method will be charged again.”

I understand your use case here and I can see how adding the option to reprocess a declined payment would improve the experience with the Payments tool. I'll therefore move your post to the Ideas forum and create a feature request. We use the Ideas forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers. 

Kindly,

Mia, Community team