HubSpot Ideas

jeremypyles

Need some kind of permissions to see Dashboard or hide from certain users

Any Hubspot CRM (Sales) user can see all dashboards!

YIKES.

It is scary to me that any CRM user can view anyone else's dashboard in Hubspot Sales.

This has huge privacy issues with lower-level users being able to see my Dashboard and all sales and financial data.

Ummm....this is a huge oversight.

The workarounds are:

1. Not have any dashboards or reporting (not really a good idea...)

2. Disable user from Hubspot CRM access (what's the point then of a CRM if users can't use it?)

3. Restrict access to only contacts OWNED - this is a huge kludgey workaround and hides critical financial information from a Dashboard but doesn't hide the Dashboard and doesn't allow a CRM user to view/edit contacts they don't own but may need to interact with on behalf of some other CRM user.

SOLUTION:

Please give the ability to have Dashboard Permissions!

Not everyone in the company should have access/visibility into everyone else's charts, graphs, financial pipelines and deals...

We hold these truths to be self-evident.

Jeremy

49 Replies
franksmiller
Participant | Elite Partner

Hello HubSpot, hello community.

We are working with several external HubSpot Users, but the should not  know and see each other!

HubSpot, this is a very important topic for our clients to solve this issue. We need an opportunity to disable the view to other users in several HubSpot modules, i.e. Reports, Contacts, Chats, Deals - all Filters etc.

Looking forward to updates helping us working better for our clients.

Greets. Frank

dge

Absolute must-have and not so difficult to implement. Do it already

Julia_Bliss
HubSpot Product Team

It's now possible to modify a user's access to dashboards, reports, and analytics tools by editing their user permissions: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/hubspot-user-permissions-guide#reports

cursu
Contributor

Great news!

Now we jsut need permissions to control additional access to addtional tabs like Files / Chatflows setup / Service

cr62892

I agree with many of the comments within this post.  Whilst user permissions can be set to control whether they can view or edit dashboards, it would be invaluable to be able to assign view and edit permissions for specific dashboards to only specific users.

mlm121

Yes please.  We need to be able to restrict the deals dashboard from our consultants.

lpan

One problem with dashboard permission I am facing is, when I setup a team activity dashboard, and filter only on the team.  The team members can go and edit report setting and delete the team filter, it will then show activity not meant to be accessed.  Even though they don't have permission to edit (and therefore save), they still can see it on the page when they deselect the team filter.

Can this loophole be closed?

Thanks

KimWF

Is it me, or can you still not prevent the various users on my account from seeing each other exist!!

How long Hubspot do you need to fix the issue if it hasn't already been fixed, please?

SteveA1

Agreed.  Need this ability to determine who can view a dashboard.  "Private" (to me) vs "public" at the very least.