HubSpot Ideas

jeremypyles

Need some kind of permissions to see Dashboard or hide from certain users

Any Hubspot CRM (Sales) user can see all dashboards!

YIKES.

It is scary to me that any CRM user can view anyone else's dashboard in Hubspot Sales.

This has huge privacy issues with lower-level users being able to see my Dashboard and all sales and financial data.

Ummm....this is a huge oversight.

The workarounds are:

1. Not have any dashboards or reporting (not really a good idea...)

2. Disable user from Hubspot CRM access (what's the point then of a CRM if users can't use it?)

3. Restrict access to only contacts OWNED - this is a huge kludgey workaround and hides critical financial information from a Dashboard but doesn't hide the Dashboard and doesn't allow a CRM user to view/edit contacts they don't own but may need to interact with on behalf of some other CRM user.

SOLUTION:

Please give the ability to have Dashboard Permissions!

Not everyone in the company should have access/visibility into everyone else's charts, graphs, financial pipelines and deals...

We hold these truths to be self-evident.

Jeremy

49 Replies
Jorjko

This is a must for us

auto_mate
Contributor

Yes. Dashboard permissions are a must.

trifectanetwork
Participant

Any word on this request? I see that custom dashboards can be marked private, but only to the dashboard owner and not a team. Also, standard dashboards can still be seen by anyone.

alexandrerobin
Member | Diamond Partner

We really need to be able to apply different acess / rights to dashboards (it's possible with "Contacts" ... Mine / My team / All ... Why not on dashboards ? It's a really frequent need from our clients.

Bettinarf
Contributor

same for us!!!!

cursu
Contributor

Still no update on this issue?

Dasboards permissions based on teams or individuals is a must - we have a lot os users but a differnt levels and territories. Have a junior person see the whole company dasboards and even individual activies on other users is not a good thing.

I can't believe only 40 people upvoted this idea. I wonder if maybe others do not realize that public is really public (all users).

sperreault

Yes Agreed. Dashboards contain info that could cause some problems if viewed by other CRM users - New Deals, Number of Deals could cause problems with lower-level users. Dashboard permissions would sove the problem.

Bettinarf
Contributor

Agree this is a must!

Bettinarf
Contributor

any news around this! this is important. 

In the management area of the dashboard there should be the possibility of adding also the team or users that you'd like to share the dashboards with!!!

jchookazian

I agree with many in that this is a MUST. Quite frankly, I'm very disappointed that this isn't an out-of-the box feature. I'm even more disappointed that this initial post was over a year and a half ago and Hubspot has not implemented the functionality. 

Is anyone using a 3rd party reporting tool that can achieve the user limited access functionality we are all looking for?

davesnr

Ive just ran into this problem when looking to use an external company to help drive our outbound calling but do not want them to have full access to all our reporting.

Has this issue been resolved yet?

agperson
Participant

Please, please take some time to focus on permissions across the entire CRM.  This is a key differentiated comared to every other CRM I've used -- in a BAD way.  Company leadership should get to choose how and where company data is exposed to employees.  Every company has different needs and requirements, and especially as companies scale it is more important to ensure that employees see what they need to and not what they don't.  This isn't specific to dashboards -- there should be comprehensive permissions for each aspect of HubSpot as well as the ability to hide/restrict accesss to specific sections.

cursu
Contributor

This idea has it's 2 year anniversary soon! I can't believe that out of thousands of companies using Hubspot only 32 users that are on this thread seem to think this is critical.

Please forward to other itnernal users to get some traction on this.

jeremypyles
Participant

I can't believe it was 2 years ago that I encountered this issue and posted this idea.

hello hubspot, its great that your organization is 100% transparent and that everyone there knows everything about internal finances (wasn't this claim made at an Inbound conference)...for the rest of us who work with different kinds of employees and external partners, it isn't appropriate for everyone inside and outside of the organization to be able to report on or see our sales figures. 

Permissions please!

msburre

Agree that this is CRITICAL and should be addressed immediately.

DMD1130

Definitely would like to see this feature ASAP

AirswiftRob
Contributor

100% agree that this should be a priority

bmalave

I agree with Jeremy.

There should absolutely be Dashboard Permissions. Not everyone should have access to sales/ financial data. 

-Britney 

gchen
Participant

Yes - this should definitely be addressed as soon as possible. Big oversight to be able to see anyone else's dashboard settings/info.. it's a huge privacy conern .

dave
Participant

Why is this still not an option????