HubSpot Ideas

DR1665

Need option to persistently disable Gmail sidebar w/ GDPR active

After discussion in another thread, it was decided we should mention this here. 

IF a user has the HubSpot Gmail Extension enabled AND IF HubSpot's GDPR Tools are enabled THEN clicking on any message in Gmail results in a HubSpot informational sidebar loading. 

1. This sidebar can be closed by clicking an X up top, but it re-loads with every message.
  2. There is no way to persistently disable this feature. 

Here's a screen shot:

HS-sidebar.jpeg

For those of us regularly work in the CRM, this is a distracting annoyance. Everyone on my team of 10 has told me they're unable to disable it either. Someone in the other thread mentioned their team of seven feels the same way.

Please give us a checkbox so we can turn this off once and for all. Until then, this is the CRM getting in the wayPlease. Let us turn this off.

Thank you.

12 Replies
EPitzer
Participant | Gold Partner

100% support this idea! Our entire team is also frustrated by this constant nuisance.

SNankivell
Participant

Yes - please. Get rid of this annoyance ASAP. It's so bad I disabled the extension. 

Jack3

agree, I've disabled the extension because of this bug feature.

Multiple people in my organization have done the same

CKidd
Participant

my team HATES this side bar!! I get asked about it at least once a month (update - it's now turned into 1x or 2x week) how to disable because it is ruing their gmail experience. please allow this to be disabled, it's not an option to disconnect because of the data we're capturing and reporting on from our sales team.

CKidd
Participant

how can we get more visbility on this? I had 3 different people on my team reach out to me this week and they're asking to turn GDPR off because it's unbearable to work with this annoyance. 

DR1665
Participant

@CKidd agreed. Still there. Still a distraction. Still wasting inbox real estate.

You can block the content with uBlock Origin (ad/tracking blocker), but I can't find a way to block the entire element. If anyone has any workarounds/suggestions, I know I'm not the only one interested. 

michaeljay201
Contributor

This is also a pain in my side -- every time I compose a Gmail message. Every time, many multiple times a day.

Fortunately (unfortunately?), not many of our field reps use the Gmail extension; if they did, I would be constantly peppered with requests to disable this bug feature.

It is a constant annoyance. I send more emails to contacts who are not in the CRM and will never be added to the CRM (internal contacts, sales reps, distributors, dealers, etc.), and I do not need/want this bug feature constantly distracting me, literally bugging me, to add these contacts to the CRM. 

Please, please, please...incorporate a disable feature for the automatic pop-out of the sidebar. I can see its usefulness in some cases -- like when I am composing an email to an existing contact in the CRM or want to add a new contact to the CRM from Gmail -- but that is not the case with every. single. Gmail. message.

Make it so we can expand the sidebar when we want/need to do so. That's all we are asking for. 

JamDK

Completely support this idea! It is really nice to have the sidebar available, but I want to choose when to see it.

It ruins the Gmail user experience working effectively using shortcuts. 

marybethw

Even just an icon to say it's connecting would be workable - or one line bar to select icons.  I dont' need all the information.    Like a glaring billboard for Hubspot - no value. 

enniszd
Participant

I am ready to uninstall the sidebar app due to this feature.

Jacob345

Please fix - as HubSpot admin for my team, this is one of the most requested items and I have nothing to offer

JackWyndham
Participant

Super annoying please give us the option to suppress the automatic pop up!