HubSpot Ideas

roisinkirby

NOW LIVE: Visually refreshed Community and Ideas Forums

The HubSpot Community has been refreshed to match the new style of HubSpot products. This ensures that no matter whether you are posting a question, sharing content, or browsing discussions you have a consistent experience throughout all of the tools you use within HubSpot.

Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback! 

3 Replies
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

simmpaul
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Very nice. I was waiting to see when a new UI would follow the product updates.

bradmin
Key Advisor

It's been a couple of months, and while the look and feel is in line with the product, a lot of former community functionality was stripped out. 

The prior design had a section for recent posts, and recent unanswered posts. Now, if it's not in the top 5 in a forum, your question can go into the void. Drilling down into an individual forum doesn't make this transparent, as you have to select from one of many subforums. Say I'm only interested in what the entire Sales community has to say. I have to click Sales, then each one of the options listed there, to see an entirety of Sales questions. If I'm a new user, not only is it overwhelming, but there's a good chance my forum question isn't getting answered if it falls off the front page. I wonder about long-term engagement with the forum with this kind of design. 

The gamification of kudos and answers is oddly isolated, both on the front page and on an individual user page. Ability to search on users and posts by kudos or replies is gone. We see who the most frequent contributors are, but that's the entirety of the visibility into your (or anyone else's) activity. 

I'd hope that the functionality is restored. While the new look and feel is something which surely benefits all users and rewards legacy users, I'm having trouble seeing how new users immediately gain value from using.