HubSpot Ideas

krispag

NEW Created by property

I am finding that records do not have a property that documents which user created the record, only who owns it. This is problematic from a reporting and workflow perspective. I would like to see ALL records across ALL objects include a System property for Created by...even if a deactivated user. Both reports and workflow should have access to this System property.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
September 23, 2022 07:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I’m Shay, a Product Manager in HubSpot’s CRM Group.

I'm very pleased to announce that this feature has been Delivered to all customers. We are now exposing the 'Created by user' property for Contacts, Companies, Deals, Tickets, and all Custom Objects.

Please note: 

The 'Created by user' property won't be populated for existing records created before a certain date depending on the object type. We began populating the 'Created by user' property on the following dates:

Contacts: June 2022

Companies: March 2020

Deals: October 2019

Tickets: October 2019

We could not have built this feature without your help. Thank you all for taking the time to submit, vote and comment on this Idea.

-Shay

44 Replies
JGeraghty
Participant

Thanks @MCallies  that makes sense. I think that would work more for smaller organizations but if you have a lot of sales reps it would not be scalable. 

Appreciate the assistance though

shajones
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

I’m Shay, a Product Manager in HubSpot’s CRM Group.

I'm very pleased to announce that this feature has been Delivered to all customers. We are now exposing the 'Created by user' property for Contacts, Companies, Deals, Tickets, and all Custom Objects.

Please note: 

The 'Created by user' property won't be populated for existing records created before a certain date depending on the object type. We began populating the 'Created by user' property on the following dates:

Contacts: June 2022

Companies: March 2020

Deals: October 2019

Tickets: October 2019

We could not have built this feature without your help. Thank you all for taking the time to submit, vote and comment on this Idea.

-Shay

esteeratliff
Contributor

Great news @shajones! I do see the new property in my account. 

Qizzle
Participant

Great news. Can we have it so we can search by the front end name rather than user ID? Saves having to save user id somewhere and then referring to that as well.