HubSpot Ideas

krispag

NEW Created by property

I am finding that records do not have a property that documents which user created the record, only who owns it. This is problematic from a reporting and workflow perspective. I would like to see ALL records across ALL objects include a System property for Created by...even if a deactivated user. Both reports and workflow should have access to this System property.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
September 23, 2022 07:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I’m Shay, a Product Manager in HubSpot’s CRM Group.

I'm very pleased to announce that this feature has been Delivered to all customers. We are now exposing the 'Created by user' property for Contacts, Companies, Deals, Tickets, and all Custom Objects.

Please note: 

The 'Created by user' property won't be populated for existing records created before a certain date depending on the object type. We began populating the 'Created by user' property on the following dates:

Contacts: June 2022

Companies: March 2020

Deals: October 2019

Tickets: October 2019

We could not have built this feature without your help. Thank you all for taking the time to submit, vote and comment on this Idea.

-Shay

44 Replies
bendonahower
Guide | Diamond Partner

would also like to see a 'created by user' property. 

this is also valuable from a data hygiene perspective.

JamieO

I'd also like this. At an even more basic level I'd like to see the information that is current on the contact feed such as "This contact was created from Organic Search from Unknown keywords (SSL)" or "This contact was created from Offline Sources from Integration" as a property on the contact. This would be very helpfull. 

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Hello, I also need this. My users who are used to salesforce are used to something like this

sfdc.png

We also need this because we want to run reports on deal creator, not deal owner. Our SDRs are responsible for creating a deal, but the owner changes once it advances to a particular stage. We need to know who created it, as a field. 

I spoke to Hubspot and they don't have a way to extract this information in a workflow either. 

JesRadz
Participant

This is VERY MUCH NEEDED 

This is a common property available in other CRM's and it has a valuable place in data tracking and especially whern trying to sort/clean data. I've worked with your support team and they did their best, but there's no way to track which HS user created a contact. 

I thought a workflow + custom property could solve the issue, but it's not possible to have a workflow that inserts 'current user' into a property! 

Please make this a priority. 

JasonC
Contributor

This must be implemented. Currently, I'm doing all the work but another Salesperson is getting all the credit because they are the owner.

beatrizbetta

I'm sttil confused that something so basic is not available for hubspot users. On a CRM the information of whom created the recorders id needed for a lot of actions. Please make this a priority.

AROBLES

I just realized that this deal property doesn't exsist even though the action is recorded in the timeline. Very weird. 

We need this. Please prioritize. 

PThomas
Participant

Please implement this idea!

Jules1

Can anyone advise if this is in the works, maybe in the alpha stage?

dmartone

As a CRM Admin at my company, knowing easily who is creating what, is a must for ensuring that the users are inputting info correctly. This is definitely a needed property.

SKripp
Participant

This is absolutely critical information

sina-hostaway

This is very much needed

FSimpson
Participant

Please implement this! Crucial for managing sales teams

MStenberg

Hubspot, please make this a priority. If not, we need to move away from Hubspot within a couple of months.

A must need is to understand and be able to run reports on deal creator, not deal owner in a CRM. Our SDRs are responsible for creating a deal, but the owner changes once it advances to a particular stage. We need to know who created it, as a field. 

Thank you!

siatarola

Would love to see this as well.

Amit_Dhiman

Must be implemented! Really good idea.

SRoberts

This would be such a valuable tool for not only reporting purposes but training and data quality control as well. PLEASE get this added asap!

MBär

Please implement this. This would be so valuable.

nickbudjml
Participant

Yes! All meta data about creation please!

Created By informs how we report on sales activity, showing how a rep is prospecting. Or the impact of certain team members on the database. Plus of course for traceability and auditing. PLEASE!

DDavis13
Participant

Totally agree! There are several ways to bring contacts and companies into HubSpot and it would be nice to know who brought them in or how they came in if from a MailChimp or Constant Contact integration, etc.