HubSpot Ideas

krispag

NEW Created by property

I am finding that records do not have a property that documents which user created the record, only who owns it. This is problematic from a reporting and workflow perspective. I would like to see ALL records across ALL objects include a System property for Created by...even if a deactivated user. Both reports and workflow should have access to this System property.

44 Replies
PatWi

agreed, please add

SLangenbahn
Contributor

Das ist auch für uns ein sehr wichtiges Feld, auch aus Datenschutz Aspekten und um der DSGVO genügen zu können. Nur so ist die Quelle eines Datensatzen sicher nachweisbar. Gibt es hier schon eine Planung? 

This is also a very important field for us, also for data protection aspects and to be able to comply with the DSGVO. Only in this way is the source of a data record reliably verifiable. Is there already any planning here? 

hannalofving
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Any updates on this one? This would be really usefull!

DDavis13
Participant

Any update on this created by field? 

JSæbøe

We need this!

BShaide
Participant

How has this field not been created yet? 

DDavis13
Participant

@hubspot is this in production yet?

GSivakumar

"created by" to identify if a hubspot user or our API createda deal object would be perfect and seems basic! 

MADMINISTRATI
Participant

Yes, "created by" to identify if a hubspot user an API or a form created an object would be perfect and seems basic!

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager

Upvoting based on multiple customer requests. This would be helpful as an option for Lists, Views, and Reports 

lgil
HubSpot Employee

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you all know that you can now create a deal report in the custom report builder using "Created by user ID":

Advanced_Builder-2.png

DDavis13
Participant

Glad to see this get moved to submitted, it is needed for tracking changes.

SvenVM

I would very much welcome this development. We work with pre-sales agents who are measured by how many relevant companies they can add to our CRM. with out filtering for 'created by' we cannot measure them.

Qizzle
Participant

Yes, in order to help ascertain productivity, we need to view who created every object or activity record.

KMacemon

I agree. This is a must have as it allows management to see who created which deal as some BDR's create a deal but it gets changed to the NAE's name and management cannot see who created it as it looks like the NAE did. Make this happen please!

MCallies
Participant

You can find who created a contact or company by using the "Original Source Drill-down 2" property. It goes a few levels deeper than the Original Source property. The catch is when you use the property in a filter for a report, view or list, you have to enter the user id number instead of their name or email. And you can find that by going to properties, then going to the contact owner property and looking at the options. The number is the internal user id number. You can put together a quick report then and give credit where it's due.   

JGeraghty
Participant

Thanks @MCallies . Do you know if we can convert the user id to be the user's name within reports or views if we are looking at all contacts that will have multiple users? Currently I can only see a user's id within a report when viewing the "Original Source Drill-down 2" property. 

MCallies
Participant
I believe that is the default, but a quick work around would be to:
-create a property called "Created by"
-create a workflow that is triggered by an empty "Created by" property
-the workflow would update that property based upon the Original Source
Drilldown 2 property

You'd have to use some if/then branches, but the process would run
smoothly. Hope this helps.
JGeraghty
Participant

Thanks for the reply @MCallies  . 

Could we

- Create a property called "Created by" as a dropdown select property type (as a free text property does not offer any reporting benefits)

- Copy the value from the Original source 2 property over to the new property?

Would you mind digging into the if/then branch logic & why that is needed?

Thanks again.

MCallies
Participant
I mean you could copy the Original Source 2 property over, but that just
might copy the user id and not the name. The purpose of the if then
branches is so you can translate the number to a name. For example if the
Original Source 2 is 112233, then set Created by to John Doe. Something
like that. But do what works best for you. It's just another workaround.