HubSpot Ideas

Marina

Multiple templates for blog posts

Hi all,

in this moment we are trying to make some changes to our blog post template so we have created a new template to test.  The problem is that the only way to test our new blog post template is to apply it to all the articles published on our blog. 

I think that it will be very useful to have the possibility to change the template on a single blog post as it is for Landing Pages. 

Thanks for your help

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
September 14, 2020 01:50 PM

That's really helpful, thanks @Anonymous! If you're open to chatting more about blog and what we have planned, I'd love to set up a call. DM-ing you.

August 20, 2020 06:27 AM

Hi Folks,

No major updates here, but this is very much still on the roadmap. We are currently planning a slate of updates to the blog, and this is one of the major features included in those updates. We're still a few months (maybe 4-6 months) away from releasing anything though. 

In the meantime, I'd love to hear how you'd use multiple blog post templates. That'll help us create an optimal user flow for the feature.

Thanks,

Katie

April 14, 2020 01:05 PM

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. The ability to have more than one blog post template is an interesting one. Based on the comments and use cases you all have listed, we are reviewing this request and its feasibility among other priorities on our roadmap. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but thanks to the comments and votes on this post we’re actively looking into what it would take to solve this problem.

16 Comentarios
Marlene
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

I really need this functionality too. This would help us and our customers to create individual blog articles.

katie
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. The ability to have more than one blog post template is an interesting one. Based on the comments and use cases you all have listed, we are reviewing this request and its feasibility among other priorities on our roadmap. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but thanks to the comments and votes on this post we’re actively looking into what it would take to solve this problem.

KLSutton
Participante

I need this too. Is there a workaround at least? 

yoni_grys
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

are there any updates from HubSPot about this?

katie

Hi Folks,

No major updates here, but this is very much still on the roadmap. We are currently planning a slate of updates to the blog, and this is one of the major features included in those updates. We're still a few months (maybe 4-6 months) away from releasing anything though. 

In the meantime, I'd love to hear how you'd use multiple blog post templates. That'll help us create an optimal user flow for the feature.

Thanks,

Katie

Anonymous
No aplicable

@katie  per your request, here are a couple ideas as to how multiple blog post templates could be used:

1. putting more or less emphasis on the author
    1. when we feature external authors, we add a ton of extra info to the bottom of the post, because our template has a very minimal author callout on the sidebar and we include backlinks, etc.
  2. ability to add a menu/index for longer posts so users can jump to subtopics/sections within the page without having to toggle on/off on per post level

Are there any plans to share the other blog improvements in the works that would be open to feedback?

katie

That's really helpful, thanks @Anonymous! If you're open to chatting more about blog and what we have planned, I'd love to set up a call. DM-ing you.

mperry
HubSpot Employee

Hi Guys! I know we don;t have access to multiple templates yet, but I've been using a workaround for a while of adding a boolean field to a cloned module so we can toggle in on/off depending on the post that I found useful and posted about here: 

Potential work around for having only one blog post template

Stéphanie122
Miembro

It would be very helpful indeed if it was possible to apply the changes of the template article per article for the blog!

I've also made a change to our template but it affects all published articles, when I would need it not to. 

Would be great if you could change it so we can activate some functions to some chosen posts only!

Stéphanie

Vidhi
Miembro

This is so basic, I really don't understand why it hasn't been done already. I need this immediately, else it looks like I have to move my blog, and website, out of Hubspot to a more responsive platform.

BkT
Miembro

@katie What is the status of this feature. I could definitely use? Its been longer than 4-6months. I would like to use multiple blog templates at one time instead of two. I keep running into issue with such limitations. Other features would be nice as well

CarolineZ
Miembro

Same here - what's the status? Would be very helpful.

AdelinaRotariu
Miembro | Partner

Hi, there! Also interested in a status here. Thanks!

JCullen
Miembro

Hi @katie , 

In order to adopt Hubspot's topic cluster strategy it would be beneficial to have the ability to use different templates on Pillar pages vs regular blog posts. 

It appears that Hubspot itself is doing this on their own blog to distinguish between different types of posts (Pillar Template vs regular blog post). 

Would it be possible to share how the Hubspot team achieved this  internally?

albertsg
Guía

Hello everyone!

While Hubspot still hasn't implemented this functionality, there is a way to have multiple blog templates for all your blog posts. 

All you need is a module and some partial templates. In this article I show you how to do it: https://dev.to/albertsg/having-multiple-blog-post-templates-in-hubspot-10i1 

We've been using this "technique" for a while and it allows us a lot of customization in our Blogs.

Hope you find it useful! 🙂

SFinch
Miembro

It is an issue. Sometimes we have a video we want prominent in a blog post and to be forced to have the featured image show is clunky at best. It would be great to have a video blog option (or other variation) and one for typical posts with a featured image.