HubSpot Ideas

monicaway

Multiple companies per deal

Business deals often involve multiple companies.

How far away is Hubspot from allowing multiple companies to be assigned to deals?

For example, in the field of Architecture and Construction, there is a prospective client (a company) who wants a new building. Pursuing this project opportunity (a deal) involves forming a complete team, including an architect (a company) and many consultants (other companies). See what I mean?

Thanks, 

Monica

161 Kommentare
ronco
Mitglied

Agreed.. we deal with truck dealers who sell to end-user clients.  We often will communicate with both parties throughout the process. it would be good to associate all this information together in the deal. 

sjcap
Mitglied

In B2B SaaS, deals often involve a Prospect, a Partner, a Reller, and/or and SI, etc. This is table stakes, but this idea is so far down the list, it won't get touched because of upvotes. Pretty critical functionality. 

H-Rob
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes! This feature would be incredibly useful/a necessity for us as well, where multiple partners/compaines are involved in one deal. I hope HubSpot support lets us know when/if this is being considered for a near future release!

ksawicki
Mitglied

I agree this would be extremely useful as a B2B company. I suggested to my team that I create a deal property called "Company Associated", set it as a "multiple checkbox option", and choose the companies involved. The fields wouldn't be associated with their Hubspot company ID, but I could at least filter and search by name. It's a manual process that I hope we all don't have to depend on for too long!

Anonymous
Nicht anwendbar

I think it is a big value if you can connect different companies to a deal. In this case you see the deal at each company. One company could be the customer the other meight be your re-seller. You want to see the deal when you check the deals with your customer but also when you check the deals running with the re-seller. In hubspot you only have the chance to see the deal at one of the both involved parties. 

If someone has found a good solution for this already I am hppy to receive your advice.

TRYON
Mitglied

Hello,

For my industrial business development, this is necessary to gather several societies into oe project.

Indeed allowing multiple companies to one transaction is a very important functionality.

First time i choose Cirrus-shield CRM because of the customisation possibilities, but it was too complicated to set up and i finally choose hubspot but without this functionnality this is less interesting.

Hoping his option will be integrated

Best regards

Sébastien  

mdeerr
Mitglied

This is a must! Please add Hubspot! 

Will_Sheldon
Mitglied

Just to reiterate what everyone else has said, we often have one deal with multiple companies involved. One is the main client but others may also be taking part in decision-making, splitting payment for the deal/service or collaborating with us on the deal. So great if we could log multiple companies to a deal and potentially ascribe them roles e.g. Primary Client, Secondary Client, Delivery Partner etc.

Gary_Wright
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

Yes - this seems like something that should be a quick fix from HubSpot, and I have no idea why this restriction exists. 

In my case, a client has a Supplier company and a Customer company associated with each deal - and it's going to be hard telling them that they have to pick which is most important for reporting purposes.

Lucinda
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Same issue for us working in the built environment on stakeholder communications. Need to be able to assign multiple companies to a deal. 

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
Dylan
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product. The ability to associate more than one company to a deal is something we've actively been investigating. As many of you may know, this is possible to configure via the API today but the CRM user interface does not provide an indication of that. However, this is something we do absolutely plan to fix. As a result, I'm going to move this idea into the "In Planning" stage. We'll continue to update this post as we make progress.

Jensschmidt
Mitglied

Same here. Need to assign two or more companies to a deal as we are selling through channel partners! 

PaulClappers
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

As described above since 2017, this is an important feature for the community. When is it going from planning to implementation? 

Hatchman
Teilnehmer/-in

Yep - we need this too!  Large scale specification projects have many companies involved. 

Please get this in the product ASAP!

sjcap
Mitglied

@Dylanany ideas on timing for this? We have some critical reporting that this is key for, and assigning users or alternative workarounds are making more of a mess. 

dstirrat
Mitglied

Just adding in our companies perspective, our deals represent booth space at exhibitions, sometimes multiple companies share one space and as a result of that share a deal. Not only would being able to assign multiple companies to a deal be a huge help we'd also love it if this feature included a way to set the companies assigned to each deal as primary or secondary so we know which account is the main owner that we'd be billing and communicating with for example.

slocknar
Mitglied

We sell components to many contract manufacturers after dealing with the OEM engineers on prototyping and specifications. It is crucial to keep track of who the original OEM was after it's transferred to manufacturing.

Alexis_Fuse
Mitglied

I agree this is needed!

JoelBrach
Mitglied

Very much needed, We ned to be able to assoiciatee multiple GC,s to a deal, please make it happen.

craigvarcoe
Mitglied

100% agree. This is an urgent requirment for a large number of organisations - espcially those organisations whose deals follow a tender progress or involve multiple subcontractors. 

Multiple Companies Requirment User Case

We supply and install height safety and fall protection systems. Often our deals start at an architectural stage where we are working with the architect on the solution design for the project, i.e. a high-rise apartment building. As the project progresses, so does our deal as we now have to work with both the architect and construction company. 

More companies are also required during the "Tender stages" of our pipeline. Up to eight companies might be tendering to get the contract to build the high-rise apartment building. We provide pricing to them all, so they are all required to be listed on the deal.