HubSpot Ideas

monicaway

Multiple companies per deal

Business deals often involve multiple companies.

How far away is Hubspot from allowing multiple companies to be assigned to deals?

For example, in the field of Architecture and Construction, there is a prospective client (a company) who wants a new building. Pursuing this project opportunity (a deal) involves forming a complete team, including an architect (a company) and many consultants (other companies). See what I mean?

Thanks, 

Monica

161 Replies
hermanmg
Participant

As a subcontractor we often put out bids for the same project (deal) to multiple general contractors (company) and a unique person within each orginaization (contact).

Is there a way to assign more than one general cotractor (company) to a deal?

Is there a way to assign a unique contact to each company once multiple companies are assigned?

Is there a way to then re-assign a single general contractor (company) and contact to a deal once the GC has been awarded a project?

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @hermanmg, thank you for reaching out.

At this time, only one Company can be assigned to a given Deal (though multiple Deals can be assigned to one Company). In the same vein, only one Company can be assigned to a given Contact (though multiple Contacts can be assigned to one Company). 

Therefore, in this situation, it might be best for you to create a custom Company property in order to track these bids - something like a single-line of text property called "Current bid". Then, once a Company has won the bid, you can associate them with the deal in question.

Let me know if you have any questions on the above!

May

matthew_klood
Participant

This has been a featured requested by a few of our clients, and is particularly relevant in the property industry (as stated above) - would be a great addition to the CRM.

pverma

It appears that you can't associate more than a company to a deal via GUI. However, I tried it using APIs and I was able to do so. The deal showed up for both the companies when I went to both the companies. Can you please confirm if my observations are correct?

hermanmg
Participant

I'm not looking for an API work around. I've settled for being allowed to assign more than one contact to a deal instead.

Greensley

UP as a feature request, associate more than one company to the same deal from GUI.

Jen-ROMDAS

This would be really useful for me. We deal internationally and will often have non-exclusive distributors in different markets. This means there is often a lot of communication overlap between end-users and the distributors and therefore it would be useful if i can associate multiple companies to a single deal,

In other words; there is only one deal but several players involved. 

royrichard
Participant

Are we looking forward to developing this feature in the near future? I think this is a really good feature to add.

ernopyykko
Top Contributor

Same as above. We work with resellers, partners and also deals which are global/international. This way we could easier keep track on what we've sold to which part of the organisation. 

Savi

Hello, I need to do the same. As trader, I have one company exporter and one company importer in each deal, I need associate both, how can I do it? Thank you

hermanmg
Participant

For now the best work around is to assign a contact from each respective company involved...you are allowed to do at least that.

cfrancomme
Participant

Same as above :

we sell a product to a company (or even multiple at once) but it could be implemented by a different company and discussed at the same time / meetings.

So i would love to be able to add like 5 different companies (and multiple people from each) on the deal and events.

Over time i could start with company A, then get involved with B, then get involved with A+B, then just B, then just A, then A+B again, then the deal is closed.

Jennise

Yes, we're in the same situation. HubSpot please make this happen, it's a necessity for businesses that work with a design team of different companies.

rayoflight13

Yes, I work in the construction industry as well. Usually, the Architects act as Influencers, and the General Contractors are the Buyers...so, it would be great to categorize company contacts and add multiple companies to Deal records. In addition, we often give out a number to multiple General Contractors.

Riina-K
Participant

Working in B2B software company and we would also need this.

PierreS
Participant

We need this feature also very urgent. No idea why it's not self-evident.

EgginEgginEggin
Participant

HUGELY needed... every deal a construction related business involves multiple companies. Yes, there's a primary company, but there's also other players involved... customer that gets the product, distributor that sells it, the contractor that installs in, the architect that specifies the product on the project... this needs to be added as it gives valuable information to my team for planning and marketing to customers. Almost a reason to want to migrate over to SalesForce.

pzemansky

It's hard to believe that this functionality isn't a part of Hubspot at this point - it's critical for multiple reasons.

Working for a client that gets paid by the referral for different verticals and we need to be able to associate multiple companies with one deal both for ease of use by customer service representatives, reporting power and workflow simplicity.

Any idea on when this could go live?

KSheppy

We just signed on with Hubspot and this is among the first roadblocks we have encountered. Our company collaborates with construction management and engineering firms on almost every project.  We need to be able to associate more than one company per deal.

tholt3

This is a important feature for us as well. Need to make this happen to move forward