HubSpot Ideas

Brandonbaker

Multiple Knowledge Bases

The ability to create more than one Knowledgebase. Similar to having multiple conversation inboxes or ticket pipelines.

• This allows for knowledgebase segmentation.
    • Could be for Internal Vs External or Client Vs Prospect (Sales Vs Support)

214 Replies
CraigBailey
Contributor | Platinum Partner

This will be especially useful for Enterprise portals running sites for multiple brands. We're already running multiple brand websites/domains, so adding separate Knowledge bases for them would be useful as well.

ISA_Catherine

Having two or more knowledge bases would help us. We have a several segmented audiences who have different needs within our association. It wouldn't make sense for them to see the same knowledge base.

christa1

Multiple products in the same company. Definitely need separate knowledge bases.

Kierstin
Contributor | Diamond Partner

We were told we could do this. This is going to be a problem! We added Service hub to support our various business segments and now I find this request which means it can't be done. 😞 This has my vote! 

oibars

I am having this very issue. We chose Hubspot b/c of the ability for a non-tech native business team to capitalize on new technologies, however, given that we have multiple brands for our agency-model business we cannot manage more than 1 single knowledge hub at this moment. Very limiting and frustrating to our user experience. 

I wish this was a high priority issue. I cannot provide a functional, standardized support experience through Hubspot for my various clients now. 

Thanks,

Oscar

rsellman
Participant

This. Please!

Internal Use
Our usage would be for internal documentation visible by our employees on Hubspot only to walk through documentation

Vendor Use
Help vendors with FAQs on how to sell the products, how to use the products, things of that nature

Customer Use
Help with troubleshooting, setting something up, etc.

AdamVP

Having the ability to have an external knowledge base (which we already have in HubSpot) plus an internal knowledge base for our support team would be a huge help. As it is, unfortunately, I'm going to have to look for another solution for our internal knowledge base needs.

specksie
Contributor

We need this as enterprise customer with over 50 countries and a lot of different use cases. One KB is not enough. 

Jarrick
Participant | Diamond Partner

We also need this badly!

We need one internal knowledge base (password protected if possible) for faculty and staff to view training and internal resources.

And we need a second knowledge base for current student resources.

Any idea when this functionality may be rolled out?

ChrisSchack
Participant

This is very important for us, and something that we unfortunately didnt consider when we moved from Zendesk to Service Hub.

Having multiple knowledge bases is very important being af European SaaS business we have customers with many different language preferences. Sincerly hope this will be priortized and also for Pro customers

Chris

ipowell
Contributor

This would be wonderful! I hope they implement this soon.

We haven't moved over to the HubSpot Knowedgebase because of this very reason. 

Willeke

Yes we really need this!

GizmoCares
Participant

This is exactly the need we have. Also, we would love to have templates and an UNDO button would be AWESOME!

Currently, we're using Google Doc Templates to create our Gizmo Guides™ but it would be amazing if there was a template system built-in to reduce the work-flow.

We need the ability to create multiple KB's to have internal Nerd Operating Manuals™ and External Gizmo Guides™ 

It would also be great if we could have a root domain for our Guides so we didn't have to use a sub domain. We would prefer http://GizmoGuides.com instead of http://kb.gizmocaresinc.com 

RiccardoPisani
Top Contributor

+1 : multiple knowledge bases are needed. We use HS in several different countries and we need one KB per country. Robot wink

jharpo

Needs to happen, multilingual!!

adrianorbs
Member | Diamond Partner

Multiple products in the same company.

Definitely need separate knowledge bases. [2]

Spilon

Our company has multiple brands with different websites for each product brand. We need to separate the knowledge base for each brand as information is different across each formulation.

Username-why
Participant | Platinum Partner

We need this as regular user, don’t cry ’enterprise’ for every function, it required in our business also to support our needs

Woosi

Being able to have separate KBs for different products would seal the deal for us. If we can't, we'll have to stick with other options.

Nicolas33
Participant

Totally agree with this idea, my companies badly need this as well!

Today, our two major categories are based on the prefered language, and as a result, our knowledge base portal is not readable by our prospects and customers.

And when customers use the search bar or the chatbot, the resullts appear both in french and english! This is confusing.

Multi KB with different subdomains is a must for us, thanks Hubspot dev team 🙏🏼