HubSpot Ideas

Multiple Email signature

Hello, 

Can you please make it so I can switch my signatures when i email from hubspot? I need to tailor it to fit the different types of people I speak with. That would be very helpful! Thank you! 

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
February 26, 2024 03:24 PM

Hi everyone! I am updating this idea to Being Reviewed as we consider if we'll be able to deliver it this year.

March 22, 2021 09:04 AM

Hi @NCO! The Ideas Forum Users Guide does a great job addressing this and other questions so I'll quote it here:

How long does it take for my Idea to get built?

It entirely depends on the traction your Idea receives from other users and the feasibility of the feature request. While the general rule is that the more popular a thread, the more likely it is to receive consideration from our Product team, this is not a certainty. An Idea may receive a high amount of upvotes, but if the feature isn’t able to be produced due to a technical, ethical, or legal reason, no amount of upvotes will be able to change that. That being said, sometimes our Product team finds a unique Idea with only a handful of upvotes and decides to move it into development. 

To answer your question directly: no, there is no necessary threshold this idea needs to reach for us to realize the value it would have. Simply put, there are too many other competing priorities, not just user requests, to allow us to prioritize this in the next few months. I'll be back with an update if and when that changes!

Not Currently Planned
March 19, 2021 04:47 PM

Hi everyone - Thanks so much for your comments and engagements on this thread. We take your feedback very seriously and have been tracking the popularity of this request. We don't currently have the bandwidth to tackle this work right now, so I'm updating the status of this idea to reflect that. Apologies that it's not better news, but I will be back here with an update if and when we are able to move forward with this!

141 Replies
JRocchio

Je suis fortement interessé pour avoir plusieurs signatures et choisir celle que je souhaite utiliser avant d'envoyer un email (comme le propose Gmail)

RickyPatten

YES multiple signatures for emails I think are critical ... it's something that I think you can do in every other solution!

BSundaram
Participant

@hroberts would definately vote for this feature to be made avaliable soon. I need it to use HubSpot better as I support multiple roles in my company. Please update on it soon.

Thanks!

DBenoit2
Participant

OK, I also think it's abou time this happened!

As you can see this will make life easier for a lot of people. This is available in many other CRM's so it should already in one of the top CRM's!

RBussau

This is a really good idea, and something we desperately need to manage our multiple shared inboxes. Please consider implementing this feature as it is incredibly useful 

GrumpyHippo

Pretty shocking that this isn't an option. Needs to happen.

AlexWitt
Participant

I send emails to contacts from 2 separate emails, depending on their location. It would be great if I could save separate email signatures for each email address.

SGledhill

Hello Hubspot team 

We also would like 2 signatures as we have 2 business units operating in our platform. Our sales team has 2 emails and is in need of 2 signatures to address the correct customer correctly. I see that in this post people have complained and nothing has been actioned.

FinLend
Good luck, we've been waiting years with NO hopeium from the HubSpot team
😞

Maybe some day, someone, somewhere in the HubSpot family will read these
responses and take action to develop and catch up with every other CRM out
there that allows for multiple addresses.

Help us ALL, please...
GrumpyHippo

@RBussau in case you didn't know, you can have different signatures from Shared Inboxes when you write from the conversations tool with a given shared inbox address.
Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 07.56.35.png

What you don't seem to be able to do is write an email from an Object record and access more than 1 signature. Even if selecting to send from a Shared Inbox address on the Object Record, it won't take the inbox signature, but your own personal signature.

drm237
Contributor

I also agree that Email Signatures should be customizable per alias.  The entire point of an Alias is to have a different sending persona.  We use ours for multiple brands, so being restricted to just one email signature makes aliases fairly useless.  Gmail implements signatures this way and that approach should be copied.

SlimBob
Participant

I'd like to be able to have multiple email signatures.

This would allow me to have the most pertinent information in my email signature without the burden of manually updating it when my standard email signature isn't a good fit.

For example, I communicate with customers, partners, and vendors. I would love to be able to have a different email signature for each of them.

You could tie this potentially into pipelines, objects, and lifecycle stages.

A few examples would be different email signatures per pipeline, different email signatures for deals versus tickets, or different email signatures based on the lifecycle stage of the contact.

Iffah
HubSpot Employee

Commenting on behalf of a customer. Multiple email signatures would allow them to use HTML in their signatures since the template workaround does not support this. 

TimTTay

Yes, please. Can't believe this isn't already an option. I've been using the Hubspot Gmail extension, but it's really buggy and affecting my inbox so I've been trying to send all of my emails through Hubspot, but not having a customizable signature for each alias is a deal breaker.

PCarey

As many other people have said this would be great so that we could send different signatures based on the type of person we are communicating with. This would be a cool feature, even after 6 years of it being requested.

warfieldgb

I have become bored with being ignored and hav found another solution to this problem: CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION.

My guess is that while HubSpot probably started out as a great idea, it has grown into just another big stupid company. I am on an active campaign to get as many of these out of my life as possilbe.

Bye, HubSpot.

RyanDowson

I agree with @warfieldgb. I'd been waiting for this critical and necessary feature update for many years. It's essential to my business and, without it, has created tremendous challenges. Looking at your current share value and trending (not to mention the recent layoffs of 500 employees), it might be in your best interest to listen more closely to your user base. 

To the Hubspot team: I have already cancelled my subscription and am transitioning to another CRM that offers the same core features for 30% of the cost of your platform - and one that also allows me to have AS MANY EMAIL SIGNATURES AS I WANT! 

Buh-bye,

Another lost customer

JHutchinson6

Multiple email signautres would be very helpful.

margarita

I have seen this request in other parts, so it seems like there are a lot of people that need it.

Please, please HubSpot, put some time in adding this neat and easy feature for 2023. It has been years waiting...

REssenburg

Like many reps, I cover a territory that covers multiple states. Mulitple state, timezone coverage is routine in Sales.

I want to give a "personalized" approach to my emails, I sense it would optimal if the client saw a local address where our office has representation.

For example, if calling on clients on the E Coast, I want them to see a footer from one of our E Coast offices (not from the West).

i would like to request that HubSpot allow users to toggle email per email, per Sequence, to our local offices.

This would be a great change and customize the experience.