HubSpot Ideas

Jamie-SRN

Multiple Domains per Company

Use Case: Company utilizes secondary domain for email while the primary domain loads their website. Example: www.company123.com uses @co123mail.com for email.

A secondary domain option, with the abilility to add a list of domains associated with the parent company, allows us to track leads via email using the "Auto Create / Associate" feature without manually creating the contact for the parent company.

64 Comentários
indieweb
Colaborador(a)

I was just able to merge two companies without any issue.

I do feel however that this is a bit of a "hack". Why can't we just manually associate multiple domains with a company? It's a very, very common practice for companies to use multiple domains - for all sorts of reasons and applications.

essell
Participante

This is an important feature for us as well. We are currently maintaining our own "Email Domains" field, but unfortunately creating contacts through the API causes automatic new company creation and association to happen. Please consider this feature!!

Suttungr
Membro

Yes, multiple domains should be possible without first going through the merging process.

LeFrench
Membro

+1

boz928
Participante

Two years without a resolution? 😞 

vin_newuser
Membro

++1 to this idea. This is a critical feature for us in a CRM!! Many companies have multiple domains. 

Can someone from hubspot address the status of this request??

ClemOaky
Participante

Completely approve that this idea needs to be developed. In many instances Commercial URLs are not the same as Email domains.

Furthermore, many companies use different aliases.

The workaround to deliberately create a duplicate to solve this is not acceptable in our case.

DeKoning
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

I would like this done as well. It seems insincere and potentially confusing to have to create dummy company or contact accounts to have to register a lead, which is based on URLs. If anyone has a suggestion for registering multiple domains associated with one contact or company, that may be different from @AllenHelms's (thanks, Allen!), please let me know.

jakespirek
Participante

How is this not already a feature?? Super common with educational orgs to have a different email domain than their web domain.

MrRobot
Membro

+1... 

RizzzO
Membro

+1 

Would be hugely useful for us. 

VojtechV
Membro

We really need this feature... it's been here for a few years...

TristanC
Participante

+1

melaniebell
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

This makes so much sense to add. My clients would really benefit from this functionality.

cscheible
Participante

+1

CRaiG123
Membro

Yes, this is needed as many companies in my CRM have mutliple domain names, for website as well as email.  I've importeed from a competitor CRM .  When I merge to companies, I get both domains listed as e.g. "cityofnewburyport.org AND newburyportct.org" with the and in middle.    See the example below.

When I manually add the second domain with the newburyport example.pngAND inserted, it doesn't save it and flags an error.  Seems this would be an easy fix!  It is very frustrating AND time-consuming since the contacts DO NOT associate with the company and I have to go manually add them.

cscheible
Participante

Yes please, we need this feature!   It's a bit messy to use parent/child relationships.

jebcashin
Participante

Allowing the company domain to be a multi-value field is a great idea. First postion could be primary (for reporting / display.)

We have many clients who use multiple domains for email, yet all the same company. One of our largest clients @bankofamerica.com is going through a multi-year transition to @bofa.com, for example. 

But we see it with small clients like ascendfcu.org who first bought that domain and later was able to get the shorter ascend.org. Their employees are using a mix of both domains for email.

kreiley
Membro

+1 (would +infinity if I could).

We have many accounts in our database that have multiple email domains (.com vs .co.uk; XYZusa.com vs XYZ.com; etc.). We CANNOT merge these accounts due to our integration with SFDC (which is another huge headache). It is an endless uphill battle to try and keep our data clean/fight these duplicate accounts.

It has been years since this idea was first submitted, with no reply from HubSpot. This issue may cause my organization to switch providers as it is a waste of valuable time and resources to keep cleaning the same data over and over again. HubSpot, please fix this issue!

Suttungr
Membro

It is one more thing to this; sometimes the same domain is used by several companies, typical a mother parent and child company. HubSpot manages this just fine, except for one thing; when you have "Automatically create and associate companies with contacts" turned on, HubSpot automatically associate contacts with the company that has been in the database the longest. It no way to change which should be the default company for the automatic association. This could be solved by adding a way to set "default company for automatic association", or at least set the parent company as the default company for the automatic association.