HubSpot Ideas

manoellaplytix

Multilevel categories

Adding another level to the subcategories would help keep information together and make the knowledge base easier to navigate.

Example:

1. Category (shown on help center home page)

a. Subcategory level 1 

i. Subcategory level 2

- article 1

- article 2

- article 3 ..... etc. 

1. Products

a. Product A 

i. Feature A

- articles related to feature A

ii. Feature B

- articles related to feature B

b. Product B..... etc. 

35 Replies
KHardisty
Participant
ClaraMarin

Hello,

I absolutely need this fonctiunality. I had this functionnality in my old online help and i realy miss it on my hubspot knowledge base.

MKimpton

Hello, 

Hoping this feature is released to customers soon. I spoke with 3 hubspot technicians about being able to efficiently navigate KB's by having a main landing page that would redirect to another catagoried tile page then the list format break down of subcatagories. 

The Hubspot Help site is actually currently set up this way but not available to customers through the KB templates. https://help.hubspot.com/ . Frustrating that its public facing but inaccessible. The technician said more upvotes to this post would help.

JBrainard

Hello,

Really hoping this feature will be released to customers soon! Would be very useful and it seems like quite a few people are interested in utilizing it.

CPiercey

I fully support this idea as it really helps thew knowledge base be relevant and useful - it makes it a strategic knowledge weapon.

For us the issue comes when navigating complex sequences of steps in the knowledge base. A user wants to see where they in that sequence. The current menu onmly allows persisting to the 2nd level so if you are inside a procedure at the third level you constantly lose your place.

We need the third, fourth and fifth level menus to persist rather than reset as they do at present. In this way a user can see where they are at all times in the context of a complicated procedure.

Example page at: https://kumoscale.kioxia.com/en/documents/kumoscale-software-v3-22#installation-guide-for-managed-mo...

Try clicking to across 2 third level steps - you will immediately get lost. 

landon
Participant

This needs to happen ASAP

spoole
Participant

This is a must, please implement asap

Josiah

This is practically necessary for any detailed in depth Knowledge Base.  I truly hope Hubspot starts to look at features like this and more enhancements in the Service sections.  It's nearly enough for me to use a 3rd party KB system

DChaloux
Participant

I would also love to see this feature. It feels like a must have for those of us with multiple products that have different "jobs-to-be-done." 

I've been researching KB alternatives as a result, but I'm actually finding that few offer multilevel categories (weird!) So not only is this something desired, but I also think it could be a differentiator for HubSpot.

rfraser008
Participant

I think this would be key. We are thinking of going with Confluence instead of HubSpot because of it's ability to nest articles under each other, down to multiple levels

MHerbst

It would be beneficial to my users if my categories have sub-categories when doing deals. In the retail environment you have a property called main category. The dropdown would be Fashion. Under fashion you get footwear, menswear, etc. I need to have sub categories in order for our users to filter certain deals.  

JMcMinn0

I agree that this feature would be very useful. When you have a knowledge base covering multiple products each with multiple modules and sub-modules, web and mobile versions etc., two levels of categorization just isn't enough. Even one more level would add a huge amount of flexibility.

AGilson
Participant

We agree - HubSpot is currently limited to Category and Subcategory. My team would love to see a further level of categorisation for the organisation of articles.

ABeckwith
Participant

This functionality is a MUST have to large technical knowledge bases. Please implement this! 

juliussison
Participant

Yes! This is also what I am hoping to have soon on Hubspot KB to make the documentation more clearer to follow to have multi-level subcategories.