HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Multi step/page forms

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 14 votes.

The ability to break forms up into 2-3 steps. Gradually asking for more information would be useful. See Unbounce's feature:
http://support.unbounce.com/entries/20279381-How-to-set-up-a-multi-step-form

Their are plenty of studies to suggest that these can increase long form conversions.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/survey-blog/increase-conversions-lead-generation-forms/

91 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jkeough78  We are aware of the issues on the smallest screensize, and have not been able to resolve the issues with Hubspot.  Unfortunately its Hubspot side of the code which controls the CSS linebreaks, we know where the conflict is, we just can't get in there to resolve. However, we work diligently with all those who purchase the module to make it the best possible fit for there needs.  

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

The styling needs some work, but a little CSS can fix that. That is what i've been working on. However, the javascript and logic behind the module is sound. It's a much better solution than using progressive profiling or redirecting to multiple forms. If you have more than 3 steps, the progress bullets can be problematic on mobile as well. Perhaps @Anonymous could look at adding a progress bar option to the module?

jkeough78
Contributor | Partner

@Anonymous and @ndwilliams3, thanks for all the help on this. No doubt the LarmaHil solution looks pretty good! I'll take a look but I'd bet the mobile styling could be improved. If all else fails, just remove the steps icons completely. Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Before the moderators jump on and accuse us of getting off-topic, I accept personal messages with comments or questions about our form modules.  I would be happy to share any solutions we have come up or receive suggestions for custom features there.  @ndwilliams3 I'm glad you are enjoying the module @jkeough78 I hope to work with you soon!

alexgendes
Participant

This would be extremely helpful when trying to split out long forms. 

Stanz
Participant

Hubspot, it would be great if you could create this option for us! We need it badly.

wmcstudios
Member | Partner

Hey HubSpot, I'd like to add my vote to this feature. I'm creating a brand assessment that's very helpful for clients after they've reached the exploratory phase of our sales process. Currently it's broken into 4 separate pages and forms, each linked to the next. This is a clunky solution... it would be fantastic to link forms together into one form with abandonment pickup for when the visitor revisits the form. A stepped process could utilize javascript to call additional form fields when a "next" button is clicked, or adding the ability to "link" forms together into one giant form would be great (but a little more work-intensive for hubspot partners to embed in congruent progressive pages).

Please add this feature to keep our plugin stack low! This is why we love platforms! 🙂

edstennett

Is there an update on this? Coming up to the two-year anniversary since it's been in planning... currently having to hack our way through implementing this.

MissTipsi
Top Contributor

God, yeah, I saw this was "in planning" and thought great...clearly the community forum is even less up to date than i thought...

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are several multi-step form options available through the marketplace now.  https://www.larmahil.com/hubspot-asset-marketplace/multi-step-form

MissTipsi
Top Contributor

HI @Anonymous does it support languages other than English in terms of "next" text for next step?

Also, from what I see it involves template editing in design manager as opposed to being able to drag and drop the module freely into place from the page editor itself, is that right? Be preferable if was available straight from the page editor across whatever theme is being used.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No design manager edits required, work across all themes as per marketplace QA practices.  Steps are a simple text field so place any language you like.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Commenting for a customer here:

Hi team, understand this is more for multi step form on hubspot

But can we have an easy fix to pull in nonhubspot multi step forms? We always tell our customer to use other 3rdparty forms but they are useless  if the data can't be linked to hubspot

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YiRui_Chua  have you looked at the WordPress multistep form plugin?  this is the same module we use for CMS pages converted to a WordPress plugin  https://www.larmahil.com/wordpress-plugin/hubspot-multi-step-form

Ella_BTT
Participant

It looks like even the Hubspot team want this. They have custom made their own version when you click on "Download the Full 2021 Sales Enablement Report..." in the orange bar on this page. 

This is exactly what I would like but it has been custom created by hubspot so we can't recreate it without getting a developer to make it. Can you make us a version too please?!! https://www.hubspot.com/sales-enablement-report 

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 11.27.04 AM.png

jkeough78
Contributor | Partner

That's a great find @Ella_BTT !

I wonder if they used some other form app. Either way they know the value obviously and should work on this soon I hope.

elanashama
Top Contributor

I want to create multi-step forms that track the form completion in percentages. i.e. 25% completed, 50% completed, etc.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

I got the idea from a HubSpot page.

In order to download the report, you need to fill out a form that shows the properties in stages, with form completion percentages.

Jonnydk
Top Contributor

Yes we need this!

erink1
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Is there any update on this idea. It says in planning from 2019! Would love to see this LIVE!

SabariRam
HubSpot Product Team