Multi level dependent fields

Shay

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 169 votes.

I'd like to have more than 1 level in the dependent fields in forms.

HubSpot updates
Aug 23, 2021

Hi everyone!  

I’m Sabari, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Forms product. 

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is extremely important and covers a range of use cases mentioned in the ideas forum.

We are yet to begin working actively on this feature. Once we get started I will keep this thread updated. Please stay tuned. 

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Senior Product Manager - Forms and Feedback

Feb 17, 2020

I'm afraid I'm not 100% sure, @Andreas, it's been a little while since I worked on the Forms products. Tagging in @DomRychlik who's PM on Forms. Dom should be able to confirm for you Smiley Happy

Jun 20, 2019

Afraid not @joshtaylor, I'm no longer part of the team working on the Forms product but tagging in @DomRychlik who may be able to confirm for you.

101 Replies
klynch09
Participant

Would reeeeeally like to have this!  Its very tedious to have to make multiple forms to accomplish this 

HubGem
Participant | Platinum Partner

This is raised frequently by my clients and is a simple feature that really needs adding. Any update please?

Hind

Bonjour,

J'en avais réellement besoin aujourd'**bleep**, mais malheureusement je n'ai pas pu le faire, car il est impossible de mettre un champ dépendant dans un champ qui est déjà dépendant :(.

jjanek
Contributor

My organization is looking to add this feature as well and have been elsewhere to do this.

Status updated to: Being Reviewed
JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on this post. Your feedback helps us build better products.

I think this a great Idea! I'm happy to say we are currently reviewing this request and its feasibility. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but all updates will be relayed on this thread.

I am changing the status of this idea to Being Reviewed as our team scopes out this work.

Best,
Joe

mchvatal
Contributor

Chiming in my support for this feature too! We have a use-case where we need the lead to be able to select whether they would like to provide a home address or practice address and then have the appropriate fields appear. NOTE - in this scenario, we store practice information in the contact record and not the company record.  

jkowalski

I need to add a customer assessment/ needs analysis form. Would like one question at a time, and if they answer one way the questions would stop with a message saying they are not qualified. 

ErikaJ
Participant | Diamond Partner

Commenting to follow this. Would really like to see this feature added. 

cdavie1
Member | Diamond Partner

Fantastic to hear it is in review!!

esivertsen
Participant

This would be a very handy solution esp. for handling any regional responsibility, 

it will allow us to customize subregions (provinces/states/territories) to match local structures.

Not to mention market segments and -verticals...

Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

Hey guys, just thought I'd add an extra idea ontop of this.

It would be good to also be able to create a dependent field based on the answers of 2 or more fields.

If field A is X and field B is Y, show field C

tuyennguyen
Participant

I really want this, so any process on this?

NachoLexidy
Participant

yes please! this is super necessary, we don't want to pay typeform or other companies with logic-forms, we prefer to keep it all in one place in our HS account. Thank you!

KAnda

Any update? My entire company would benefit from this feature. It would make our customer onboarding form possible.

AKCologne

We totally agree with KAnda and all others! We would have an immense benefit from this feature and would be happy to have any update on this!

EmiliaMódolo

Hi HubSpot community team 😊

This would be a major improvement to forms, I'd like to have multiple levels too since they would allow me to better filter and categorize incoming leads with only one form instead of many.

I would also like to volunteer in case the HubSpot Product Team needs testers.

Wishing you all a great week,
Emilia.

TRosic

Incredible that the request exists for years now, but aside from merging of the same request and "being reviewed" status, not much has been done. Any progress on this idea?

EmilyWade

A great idea - we could use this too!

Our example is that Field A containing "123" prompts the dependant Field B to appear. If Field B contains "456", another Field C is prompted to appear to allow the user to specify more details. 

sarahosell

Really need this - we got Hubspot because we were excited about the forms but we may have to go back to using Google Forms for this basic feature.

4yrs of this feature request ... ?

DWinterburn

likewise, would be really useful.