Multi level dependent fields

Shay

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 169 votes.

I'd like to have more than 1 level in the dependent fields in forms.

99 Replies
RGarcia4

YESSSS please! 

lindseygarrett
Contributor

Any update on this Hubspot? Last update from the product team was almost a year ago!

I realize it might not be a "simple" solution, but I will reitterate the challenges we have with country and state/providence pick lists for being a global company. There is no way to maintain hundreds of complicated dependency rules [if Canada, show these providences, if U.S. show these states, etc.] per form AND the workflows to then put the correct data in the native fields so the data integrates with other systems like Salesforce.

A state/country combo is basic, and has been available on simple form systems for 15+ years. 😒

There are also tons of comments on this thread about various other uses that need these dependencies.  Let's make it a priority!

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Commenting for a customer here.

Wondering if we have any updates on this? How I envision dependent fields to work would be similar to workflow (if/then) branch. 

I can think of many possible situations where dependent form fields will be super useful as compared to > writing the condition within the form question itself OR setting up multiple forms as a workaround.

Would love an update, thanks (:

PThomas
Participant

This is a feature we really need! Right now we are using smart rules on landing pages to ask multiple layers of questions and it is an incredibly frustrating work around.

paju
Participant

Currrently struggling to set up Gravity Forms and Zapier to feed data into Hubspot, since I need more dependencies than HS forms support.  Really missing the ability to have multiple dependent fields.  The need for this is driven by the criteria used by our sales management to allocate leads.

cliffignacio

Any updates on implementing this???

JTorresCG

Is there any further updates on this idea? Surprised we don't have it to be honest.

TRosic

Would be nice to actually get the feature after 5 years of requests! Not sure for how long already is the "Being reviewed" status on, though. Let's see.

oelrichh

Added my vote. This would be tremendously helpful to our team in a number of fields. Would love an update on progress. 

RV6
Participant

Any updates? How long will it take you to review this? from my perspective this should be a no brainer... 

Mari558

Please!

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Commenting for a customer here.

Any update? thanks!

JacquelineOng
HubSpot Employee

Commenting for a customer here, seems like we are reviewing this as well too, so hopeful for updates!

Use case:

- they have an enquiry form and if someone would like to be routed about a product issue, they'd like a 2nd layer of dependent fields so the visitor can choose from the product they're interested in

SabariRam
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone!  

I’m Sabari, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Forms product. 

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is extremely important and covers a range of use cases mentioned in the ideas forum.

We are yet to begin working actively on this feature. Once we get started I will keep this thread updated. Please stay tuned. 

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Senior Product Manager - Forms and Feedback

macy_kittel
Member | Platinum Partner

Would absolutely love to see this happen! 

I am wanting to have a multiple-question form that has the user go from one question to the next based on their previous answer. 

oelrichh

I agree. It looks like this request was originally submitted in 2017. Is there a date we can expect development to begin on this feature?

macy_kittel
Member | Platinum Partner

Would love to see it roll out sooner rather than later!

RMarich

Any updates to this?  Need this feature asap.

LeonardoDVinci
Participant

this was requested 2017, its almost 2022, that's half a decade and we still got no updates for this, other form platforms has this feature on the get go. What's stopping HubSpot from implementing this?