HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Multi level dependent fields

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 169 votes.

I'd like to have more than 1 level in the dependent fields in forms.

204 Replies
lgil
HubSpot Employee
oelrichh

Added my vote. This would be tremendously helpful to our team in a number of fields. Would love an update on progress. 

RV6
Participant

Any updates? How long will it take you to review this? from my perspective this should be a no brainer... 

Mari558

Please!

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Commenting for a customer here.

Any update? thanks!

JacquelineOng
HubSpot Employee

Commenting for a customer here, seems like we are reviewing this as well too, so hopeful for updates!

Use case:

- they have an enquiry form and if someone would like to be routed about a product issue, they'd like a 2nd layer of dependent fields so the visitor can choose from the product they're interested in

SabariRam
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone!  

I’m Sabari, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Forms product. 

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is extremely important and covers a range of use cases mentioned in the ideas forum.

We are yet to begin working actively on this feature. Once we get started I will keep this thread updated. Please stay tuned. 

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Senior Product Manager - Forms and Feedback

macy_kittel
Member | Platinum Partner

Would absolutely love to see this happen! 

I am wanting to have a multiple-question form that has the user go from one question to the next based on their previous answer. 

oelrichh

I agree. It looks like this request was originally submitted in 2017. Is there a date we can expect development to begin on this feature?

macy_kittel
Member | Platinum Partner

Would love to see it roll out sooner rather than later!

Rangrachel
HubSpot Employee
Hi team! This feature would be really helpful. For example, I would like to collect email addresses differently depending on whether a contact selects a criteria.

On the same form:

Contact would select Criteria A or B.

- If criteria A is met > the email field would not block free email providers.

- If criteria B > the email field would block free email providers.

The only way to do this would be to separate the forms at the moment. 😞 

RMarich

Any updates to this?  Need this feature asap.

LeonardoDVinci
Contributor

this was requested 2017, its almost 2022, that's half a decade and we still got no updates for this, other form platforms has this feature on the get go. What's stopping HubSpot from implementing this?

ELichon
Contributor

I'm spending so much time trying to integrate other forms into HubSpot just to get this functionality

Is needed!

CorinneKemp

I was thinking the samething.

When we need to create form with multiple people involve, dependant field are a must.

Love to see that coming:)

lindahl
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Another up for this post, we have tons of clients and users that require that feature, thank you!

APineiro1
Member | Elite Partner

+1 - this is so usefully/necessary and there's a wide variety of use cases that come up on almost every implementation call I have with customers. Would love to see this come out soon

mdhawan

Just spoke to a customer who is also asking for this - they want to see multiple dependencies in forms.

PBFRoberts

any update?