HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Multi level dependent fields

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 169 votes.

I'd like to have more than 1 level in the dependent fields in forms.

204 Replies
TristanC
Participant

I would be very interested by this feature too.

michelegarcia1
Participant

Need this urgently!

ebarajas
Participant

Yes, this is something I am interested in having also. Thanks.

javieryebenes
Contributor

Need this feature asap too. Smiley Frustrated

Online forms are not useful for us if we don't have multiple-level dependent fields, as scrolling through non-relevant questions could be exhausting for complex forms.

Please help!!!

nirfoo

I have a big issue with this topic since I do not have the opportunity to set up multi-level dependent fields when a commercial agent creates a new deal.

I need specific data by each stage onto pipelines but that is resolved when a deal is advanced by each stage, the real problem is when I try to create a deal and establish advanced stage because the mandatory information by each stage is not required.

I can not ask commercial agents advanced information in zero moments of the creation of a new deal because each deal is different but with multi-level dependent fields, I would achieve that if a commercial agent chooses advanced stage in zero moments of creation I can ask specific and mandatory information of the correspondent stage.

hollybo
Participant

What I am looking for:

If country = to United States, show State

If State= California, show zip code

the reason being, my RSMs (Regional Sales Manager) in the US cover select states so this helps me to know which RSM to direct the lead to.. HOWEVER California is split by zip code (one RSM covers North, the other South)

As a work around I am just requiring all Leads to put in zip code. But would be nice to only have it required when the state = California, because that is the only time it is truly mandatory.  I always try to put as few required fields as possible.

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer! Would be useful to show more tailored options based on what visitors have already selected

Andreas
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This is a much needed feature. Any progress on this, @Shay?

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

I'm afraid I'm not 100% sure, @Andreas, it's been a little while since I worked on the Forms products. Tagging in @DomRychlik who's PM on Forms. Dom should be able to confirm for you Smiley Happy

klynch09
Participant

Would reeeeeally like to have this!  Its very tedious to have to make multiple forms to accomplish this 

HubGem
Participant | Diamond Partner

This is raised frequently by my clients and is a simple feature that really needs adding. Any update please?

Hind

Bonjour,

J'en avais réellement besoin aujourd'**bleep**, mais malheureusement je n'ai pas pu le faire, car il est impossible de mettre un champ dépendant dans un champ qui est déjà dépendant :(.

jjanek
Contributor

My organization is looking to add this feature as well and have been elsewhere to do this.

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on this post. Your feedback helps us build better products.

I think this a great Idea! I'm happy to say we are currently reviewing this request and its feasibility. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but all updates will be relayed on this thread.

I am changing the status of this idea to Being Reviewed as our team scopes out this work.

Best,
Joe

mchvatal
Contributor

Chiming in my support for this feature too! We have a use-case where we need the lead to be able to select whether they would like to provide a home address or practice address and then have the appropriate fields appear. NOTE - in this scenario, we store practice information in the contact record and not the company record.  

jkowalski

I need to add a customer assessment/ needs analysis form. Would like one question at a time, and if they answer one way the questions would stop with a message saying they are not qualified. 

ErikaJ
Participant | Diamond Partner

Commenting to follow this. Would really like to see this feature added. 

cdavie1
Member | Diamond Partner

Fantastic to hear it is in review!!

esivertsen
Participant

This would be a very handy solution esp. for handling any regional responsibility, 

it will allow us to customize subregions (provinces/states/territories) to match local structures.

Not to mention market segments and -verticals...

Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

Hey guys, just thought I'd add an extra idea ontop of this.

It would be good to also be able to create a dependent field based on the answers of 2 or more fields.

If field A is X and field B is Y, show field C