Multi level dependent fields

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 169 votes.

I'd like to have more than 1 level in the dependent fields in forms.

73 Replies
Occasional Contributor

Same need for us too 🙂 

New Contributor

Really useful

Thank you

Occasional Contributor

Yes, please!!! I have this need for a second level of dependency as well.  Also, if there was a way to drag and drop the dependent fields to reorder them, that would be awesome!  I've had to make some changes to the order the dependent fields a few times and the only way I could reorder them was to delete them all and re-enter them, which is very time-consuming, especially if it's just one field I have to add. 

Visitor

I need this too ASAP

New Contributor

I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented yet. @Shay do we have a timeline for this? 

HubSpot Product Team

Afraid not @joshtaylor, I'm no longer part of the team working on the Forms product but tagging in @DomRychlik who may be able to confirm for you.

Top Contributor

Hi @DomRychlik, do you have a status update for us on this matter? Thanks a lot! Sebastian

Regular Contributor

This would be huge.  At a very basic level, when you are a global company, you should be able to have someone fill out a form, and based upon the country they select show them only the state/region/provinces they need.  We havent' been able to have these fields on contact forms for years because this hasn't been available [in a simplified format that could then sync to Salesforce standard fields]. Pretty please???

New Contributor

Need this!

Occasional Contributor

Any update on this? Looks like its need by a lot of people

Occasional Contributor

It's bonkers that this still isn't a thing.

Regular Contributor

I would be very interested by this feature too.

New Contributor

Need this urgently!

Occasional Contributor

Yes, this is something I am interested in having also. Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

Need this feature asap too. Smiley Frustrated

Online forms are not useful for us if we don't have multiple-level dependent fields, as scrolling through non-relevant questions could be exhausting for complex forms.

Please help!!!

New Contributor

I have a big issue with this topic since I do not have the opportunity to set up multi-level dependent fields when a commercial agent creates a new deal.

I need specific data by each stage onto pipelines but that is resolved when a deal is advanced by each stage, the real problem is when I try to create a deal and establish advanced stage because the mandatory information by each stage is not required.

I can not ask commercial agents advanced information in zero moments of the creation of a new deal because each deal is different but with multi-level dependent fields, I would achieve that if a commercial agent chooses advanced stage in zero moments of creation I can ask specific and mandatory information of the correspondent stage.

Regular Contributor

What I am looking for:

If country = to United States, show State

If State= California, show zip code

the reason being, my RSMs (Regional Sales Manager) in the US cover select states so this helps me to know which RSM to direct the lead to.. HOWEVER California is split by zip code (one RSM covers North, the other South)

As a work around I am just requiring all Leads to put in zip code. But would be nice to only have it required when the state = California, because that is the only time it is truly mandatory.  I always try to put as few required fields as possible.

HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer! Would be useful to show more tailored options based on what visitors have already selected

Regular Contributor | Diamond Partner

This is a much needed feature. Any progress on this, @Shay?

HubSpot Product Team

I'm afraid I'm not 100% sure, @Andreas, it's been a little while since I worked on the Forms products. Tagging in @DomRychlik who's PM on Forms. Dom should be able to confirm for you Smiley Happy