HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Multi level dependent fields

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 169 votes.

I'd like to have more than 1 level in the dependent fields in forms.

204 Replies
-An-

Do we get any response on this from Hubspot on where this functionality is on their roadmap???

I see a lot of users that are interested in it for already more than a year, and so am I.

When is this coming?

egabriele

This feature would solve many form issues. For example, if someone responds "other" to a dropdown select dependant field, it would be helpful to have another field pop up that allows them to specify what "other" is. 

cml1
Participant

It would be tremendously helpful for us (and I presume others as well!) if you could add dependent fields TO a dependent field. i.e. A visitor answers question 1. Based on their answer, another field populates. Based on THAT answer, an additional field populates. Our users are very diverse and when we're collecting information from them, it would be helpful if there were a better way to sort of tailor our form to them so we can collect answers for all follow up questions in advance, streamlining post-submission tasks. 

richardwalsh
Participant | Platinum Partner

I was looking for this functionality the other day, and this would have saved a huge amount of time and ease of use for clients. The worst part about creating custom functionality to "create" a second level dependency, is that if the customer changes anything eg. values, you have to go back to the custom script and edit it to fix any issues this would cause.

It would make things a lot easier from a usability standpoint if this were included.

teps

Facing the same issue with a form on our site. Can't believe this functionality doesn't exist already!

teps

Facing the same situation with a form we use on our site. Can't believe this isn't already included as functionatlity within HubSpot.

Erismannetje

I totally agree, I need this to set up the CRM for easier use for everyone, and so that everyone will work with the same terms. You would think, if they can build in the first step, they can make it dependent to multiple ones. 

yguerdat
Participant

Same need for us too 🙂 

Fabrizio_S

Really useful

Thank you

klynch09
Participant

Yes, please!!! I have this need for a second level of dependency as well.  Also, if there was a way to drag and drop the dependent fields to reorder them, that would be awesome!  I've had to make some changes to the order the dependent fields a few times and the only way I could reorder them was to delete them all and re-enter them, which is very time-consuming, especially if it's just one field I have to add. 

dquirk13

Trying to add a dependent field if someone enters a non-business email address into the email field. I want to add multiple conditions (yahoo/gmail/hotmail/etc) but can only add one of those. 

Miyuki_N8

I need this too ASAP

joshtaylor

I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented yet. @Shay do we have a timeline for this? 

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Afraid not @joshtaylor, I'm no longer part of the team working on the Forms product but tagging in @DomRychlik who may be able to confirm for you.

BastiSchuhl
Top Contributor

Hi @DomRychlik, do you have a status update for us on this matter? Thanks a lot! Sebastian

Rich_Bibblio
Contributor

Totally agree!

We'd also like for rich text areas to be dependent too, so if someone clicks a multiple choice option, for example, it can display a panel with further information.

lindseygarrett
Contributor

This would be huge.  At a very basic level, when you are a global company, you should be able to have someone fill out a form, and based upon the country they select show them only the state/region/provinces they need.  We havent' been able to have these fields on contact forms for years because this hasn't been available [in a simplified format that could then sync to Salesforce standard fields]. Pretty please???

ckglobe

Need this!

Natali
Participant

Any update on this? Looks like its need by a lot of people

dickonjohnstone
Participant

It's bonkers that this still isn't a thing.