HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Multi level dependent fields

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 169 votes.

I'd like to have more than 1 level in the dependent fields in forms.

209 Replies
samarcher

Any progress on this yet?

kmcadams
Participant

Me too!!

mollymetzger
Contributor

We really need this feature!

Currently we use embedded Cognito Forms which is far from ideal. 

Angferreira

Would make forms shorter and tidy if when a contact select the preferred communication just shows the fields required instead of having all the fields and had to make them optional instead. Other systems allow it is time to Hubspot upgrade their game

karen_barth
Contributor

It would be nice to have the ability to add a dependent field in a form to another dependent field. Therefore the third question in a form is not dependent on the first question; it is dependent on the second (which in itself is a dependent field)

For example, we'd like to be able to qualify our customers in this format:
1. Ask:  Do you run a business?
          A. Answers Yes - ask "In what industry?"
                     aa. Answers Transportation - ask "What is your fleet size?"
                                   aaa. Answers 1-5 trucks - leave message "Sorry, weare not able to help at this time."
                                   bbb. Answers 50-100 trucks - give them an option to fill out more information (name and phone number) to get started
          B. Answers No - leave the message "Sorry, we only only work with business owners at this time."

John
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yes, I can do this in Wordpress with Gravity forms, why can't HubSpot? This is should be a feature of any form service.

MCS
Participant

Apart from having multilevel depedent fields, it would be great to have the option to make them optional/ required as well as hidden in case you want to use them for internal purposes. For example, in my form I am asking for the country and based on that a state selection shows. For internal use it would be extremely helpful to be able to create another hidden dependent field which will match the state with a "reporting zone". I could use a workflow workaround for this, but it's unconvient.

Also, unlike in my specific case where I need the extra dependency for internal purposes, there are many scenarios when multilevel dependent fields are needed on the customer side as well as on the company side in order to better fit both needs. 

LauraTufis
Participant

It would indeed be really helpful to have this feature!

nikkigoldsmith
Participant

Really need this as well,

We have clients that need to cancel/update/get a quote for orders and I can't use the same form field 'file number in more than one dependency' really frustrating. 

erinny

HubSpot could really grow the power of Forms by letting people use multiple levels of depth with dependent fields to display the next question once someone has filled out the previous one. We have lengthy forms on our site (e.g. client questionnaires) and it would be great to reveal the next question or section of questions after they've filled out some of them. While a many-question form may appear overwhelming to a client at first, a cascading form would make for a much better experience.

Ali_Knox
Participant | Diamond Partner

Totally agree, it would be useful to add Rich Text box to the field also.  Make it look a little more professional.

Rahul2605

we need more than one level of dependent fields for dropdown lists. I have created one level dependent field for dropdown selection but we need the same for multi-level. can you please add this feature asap?

nirfoo

I need this solution in my account. 

anavazio

yes please, us too! 

wmuza
Participant

Please hubspot add this

VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

We also need dependent dropdown select properties. Salesforce calls this concept the "Dependent Picklist". Here is our use case: If ValueA is selected for "Industry", then in "Sub-Industry" property, only display the values belong to ValueA (ValueA1, ValueA2, Value A3, etc.)

@marthamartinez , @marci-mango 

For those looking for properties to be conditionally displayed or made mandatory, I guess that's another idea and it's here: Conditionally display and/or make mandatory properties

dawnsmoot
Participant

We need to have multiple levels of dependent fields as well as the ability to make them required. Please update us on if or when this could be added.

Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

About a year ago I voted on this, so would like to do so again to bump it up!

Just came across this issue again, where we need a dependent field for an already dependent field.

It's making some of our customer surveys very ugly! Cat Surprised

ShannonSMT

I'm also looking to build a form with multiple dependencies.

Also, would like to be able to use a property differently in each separate dependencies. For example, choose option A and you are required to fill out your First Name but choose option B and you are not required to fill out your name but I want to use the property without a requirement, but I can't even place that property because it's already being used. 

EAGMark
Contributor

Facing the same situation with a form we are building. It would be helpful for better defining the lead.